Ipod connection

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Cleverbee

Ipod connection

Post by Cleverbee »

Now that my dealer has sent me the English manual for my audio system, following the instructions I cannot get the iPod contents on my display.  I am using the original Apple iPod lead with a 3.5 jack cable.
One can only presume this is not good enough and I have to sell another kidney for their own data cable????
Problem is, I'm on my last kidney, already sold the children, what's next?
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
guest2360

Re: Ipod connection

Post by guest2360 »

What do you want to connect it for.  If it's just music don't bother.  Buy a flash card load it with MP3 format music and plug it straight into the cable in the pocket.  You will have full control with the wheel.  With an i Pod you need to sell the wife for the additional cable available from your friendly dealer.
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Re: Selling wife, last one I got rid of cost me a small fortune (didn't like it when I bought my R100RS), I'd rather like to keep the latest one as she likes the bike and encouraged me to buy it
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Better go with a flash card then.  You get full details up on the screen and the ability to mix, shuffle or select artists .  And the locker stays empty.
Marcosalopo

Post by Marcosalopo »

You need the BMW car type connection, a 3.5mm jack and USB cable one end and IPOD connected the other. Try Amazon a lot cheaper then BMW make sure it is BMW compliant as I had one which looked the same but did not work.
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Thanks Marco :music:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

When the system first came out in 2011 a lot of I Pods were not compatible with it.  I was led to believe it was an Apple problem not BMW.  So no guarantee that if you manage to get the correct cable for less than a kings random it still might not work fully.  Your a lot better off with a £10,00 flash card.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: When the system first came out in 2011 a lot of I Pods were not compatible with it.  I was led to believe it was an Apple problem not BMW.  So no guarantee that if you manage to get the correct cable for less than a kings random it still might not work fully.  Your a lot better off with a £10,00 flash card.

I second RTman's comment (as usual).  I have the dealer-supplied cable.  At best, it works intermittently and that's true with either of my iPods and my iPhone 6.  Dealer has replaced cable twice but with no improvement.  USB stick is the answer - costs nothing and leaves enough space in the right-hand cubby-hole for weatherman and multi-tool!
Andy Leett

Post by Andy Leett »

I received my BMW I-Pod connector yesterday, all working fine, does what it says on the tin, for those that want to know it was £60, and I have a 2015 LC