Save Matlock Bath 2016. My trip on the RT.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Gadgetsandwheels

Save Matlock Bath 2016. My trip on the RT.

Post by Gadgetsandwheels »

Just thought I'd share my trip from yesterday down to Matlock Bath. Was very cold so needed everything heated switched on.

https://youtu.be/Wcxe4AScxA4
R1200RT 2015 after previously owning 3 R1200GS bikes.
stelyn

Re: Save Matlock Bath 2016. My trip on the RT.

Post by stelyn »

Great video, looks like you had a good day, thanks for sharing,  certainly lots of Bikes.... ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Looks like a fun day...
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Mixed feelings about the bikers judging by the 'Comments' section in the 'Matlock Mercury'. I think some of the 'antis' have valid points of view. Personally speaking, I live about 15 minutes from the place and in all my years of biking it is somewhere I have managed to avoid on a weekend and will continue so to do but each to his own.

http://www.matlockmercury.co.uk/news/local/video-thousands-attend-matlock-bath-bikers-protest-1-7777209#comments-ar
Chris
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I'm half an hour away and the place gets in the way if your heading for the Peaks. I suspect its also resulted in an over enthusiastic Police force on the A6.
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

k9doc wrote: Mixed feelings about the bikers judging by the 'Comments' section in the 'Matlock Mercury'. I think some of the 'antis' have valid points of view. Personally speaking, I live about 15 minutes from the place and in all my years of biking it is somewhere I have managed to avoid on a weekend and will continue so to do but each to his own.
I live a little further away but I too avoid such places as this and the likes of Squires, Rivington Barn etc, I would rather find my own place in the countryside to stop and eat etc while out riding, but as you say each to their own  ;)
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

@RTman
Even including the use of helicopters so just scanning the road ahead for vans (they used a disguised plain blue one in places) won't save you. In between checking overhead for helos (and buzzards) and checking your speedo and GPS, there is little time left for checking the road ahead. Might have something to do with the casualty figures. Even more so if you are dozy, trying to digest the huge portion of fish and chips that you have just scoffed in Matlock Bath.

@Benchmark
With you on that one and there is no shortage of superb eateries and stops within a short distance.

Chris
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

I thought it was just me that avoided these places,  I have been to them as some of my riding buddies seem to love such places