More air when hot

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Bruceb49

More air when hot

Post by Bruceb49 »

I am in process of buying a 2016 R1200RT. In the test rides, it seems that the fairing blocks a substantial amount of air flow that would be good to have in Texas during the summer. And, I know that the purpose of the fairing is to block air. Has anyone used the Baker Wings or similar product to get more air flow in hot weather?
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: More air when hot

Post by richardbd »

Maybe an R1200 would be a better idea...

;)
Jriffe108

Post by Jriffe108 »

I've found with the RT, screen full down provides plenty of airflow for Texas Summer.  Not sure on deflectors or wings available to provide more airflow. I think you would get used to it after a while. Just like acclimated to summer after a few months of cold we have here.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Just drop the screen down and wear well veltilated gloves. 
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

The 1600 had little 'ears' that folded out to scoop the air to the rider's upper body, they worked well.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The 1600 had little 'ears' that folded out to scoop the air to the rider's upper body, they worked well.

And next to no weather protection for your hands and arms and a wacking great 6 cylinder engine trying to cook you most of the time. Been there done that.