What have you got planned for 2016?

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
guest2360

Re: What have you got planned for 2016?

Post by guest2360 »

Barry.  The difference will cover any tolls we find on the way.
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

John, thanks for the link.
All sorted at £13.59 a lot better than the CSMA.
That's a couple of bevvies paid for.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Cover wise certainly is as cheap as chips, but comparing it with LV doesn't seem to be a realistic comparison? LV annual multi trip (covering Europe) policy for 2 adults with comprehensive cover (all permutations of cancellation cover included, generous baggage cover, delays etc etc). What exactly does cover wise give you (& partner?) policy wise for £13 odd premium.....???? ???
yorkieboy

Post by yorkieboy »

We did a 3 day tour from South Yorkshire to the Cotswold's in Early March and have a 5 day tour of western south and central Scotland planned for August.  8)
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

Steve F,
We have found that the "coverwise" cover was sufficient for our needs.
With the CSMA and others we werepaying for levels of cover we didn't need.
e.g. £2000 baggage cover, way over the top for the amount e can carry on the bike etc etc.
We made sure that there is £10million medical cover and repatriation.

richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

South West Peninsula Rally this weekend - should be fun as usual...

http://www.somersetadvancedmotorcyclist ... k/swpr.htm
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

In two weeks were doing a couple day desert ride to Anza Borrego state park (California) wild flowers are expected to start blooming, well worth the ride
June, providing passes are open, hit the Sierra Nevada passes, up through back roads of Oregon and Washington then back down the coast, a must ride for anyone is California 1 top to bottom. This trip takes 8-10 days and about 3500 miles
Jim
Steve F
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

California 1...oh yes, fond memories! Not on a bike unfortunately, but the wife and I drove up from Cambria to Santa Cruz on our way up to San Fran. Stunning in all respects, especially where the road literally hugs the coastal cliffs! Sounds like the entire length of California 1 has to go on the bucket list then...!! :)
Steve F
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

barryj wrote: Steve F,
We have found that the "coverwise" cover was sufficient for our needs.
With the CSMA and others we werepaying for levels of cover we didn't need.
e.g. £2000 baggage cover, way over the top for the amount e can carry on the bike etc etc.
We made sure that there is £10million medical cover and repatriation.
Yes Barry, horses for courses as they say. However, when it comes to travel insurance or most other insurance types for that matter, you "gets what you pays for". I had to claim on an LV travel insurance policy a couple of years ago, and was very pleasantly surprised at how efficient and quibble-free the whole process was. That's my reason for sticking with a known quantity and paying a bit more for the peace of mind. Each to their own....
guest2368

Post by guest2368 »

My plans for this year and most of next are all up in the air now due to work.  I'm sure I'll get a few trips in, but missing the Haltwhistle weekend is a right bummer...
Chadders

Post by Chadders »

Planning few days in Normandy at end of May with missus as pillion.does anybody know of any good roads or ride outs.Will be based in Arromanche?
mack62

Post by mack62 »

I just bought a new to me RT.  2013 90th anniversary edition.

Planning lots of 100 to 250 mile weekend jaunts from Cambridge.  Already did my first to Warwickshire. 

In September planning a multi-week trip through Northern Spain, Portugal and back.  :)
2013 R1200RT 90th Anniversary
Tango

Post by Tango »

Going to Belgium and France on a bit of a pilgrimage, 3 nights Ypres, 3 nights Verdun, 3 nights, Albert, visiting memorial sights from the 1914 -18 conflict.
A few of us going camping, and over via Hull Zeebrugge late May.

Then a few long weekend camping trips in UK, as and when. Happy days be
MacJ

Post by MacJ »

Chadders wrote: Planning few days in Normandy at end of May with missus as pillion.does anybody know of any good roads or ride outs.Will be based in Arromanche?
Four of us had a Brittany Ferries day trip a couple of weeks ago  (brilliant value into St. Malo overnight  and out of Caen next night) and rode the D999 from St. Hilaire du Harcouet then the D39 to Vire. You have to visit Pegasus Bridge and speak to Mdm. Gondree in the cafe. The coast road to Honfleur (D514) is a nice ride through seaside towns.
If your Missus is into fashion take a trip to the Musee Christian Dior in Granville. Perhaps they'll make some recommendations for stylish Bike Gear? ;)
Mac J
Chadders

Post by Chadders »

Cheers Mac j. Thanks for suggestions,will have to get map out and have a look.