Probably the dumbest Nav V question ever

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
guest2826

Probably the dumbest Nav V question ever

Post by guest2826 »

This is a ridiculously simple question. But I haven't found the ridiculously simple answer so sorry to bother you all. I'm not good with electronics.

I set a destination in the Nav V and am following the route. If I stop along the way and turn off the bike (2015 RT LC),when I start up again the home screen appears on the nav, the one that says: Where To? on the left and View Map on the right with the four buttons along the bottom for Phone, Volume, Apps, Settings.

So how do I resume the existing route simply? At the moment I mess around reinputting the original destination but I doubt that is the way to do it.

I thought it would be like the nav in my car, when I stop and restart during a route the first screen I see asks if I wish to resume that route. Answering yes takes me back to it as though nothing had happened. But it don't seem to work like that on the bike.
Last edited by guest2826 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levisp

Re: Probably the dumbest Nav V question ever

Post by Levisp »

I think all you have to do is on restart on the home page is to tap on view map.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Levisp wrote: I think all you have to do is on restart on the home page is to tap on view map.

From memory, that's right...
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

richardbd wrote: From memory, that's right...
+1 indeed that is how it works.  Peter
guest2826

Post by guest2826 »

Okay, thanks all. My problem was that I was tapping Where To?