Outlast thermal wear

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Johnny196969

Outlast thermal wear

Post by Johnny196969 »

am I the only person who thinks outlast liners are rubbish?? Or am I wearing the wrong base layers? I bought halvarssons gear last year and find my old wolf gear at a fraction of the price is much warmer - quilted liner
Last edited by Johnny196969 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Re: Outlast thermal wear

Post by Steve F »

I wouldn't go as far as to say they're rubbish, but I do find the liner (in the arms) in my Halvarssons textile jacket to not be as good as I thought it would be, bearing in mind a Scandanavian product should be exceptional on the warmth front...?? Well, I'd have thought so. However, I do find the waterproofing aspect of my Outlast jacket is very good, as is the design of the external pockets with their well designed zips and magnets on the pocket flaps to keep the pockets firmly closed. I also like the long arm sleeve design of the jacket, so that when sat upright on the bike with arms outstretched on the handlebars, the sleeve doesn't ride back up your wrist. as is the case with some other makes of jacket. So, yes, the liner isn't the best, but the jacket overall....?? I'll happily stick with it. Besides, we're rapidly thrusting into the dizzying heights of another British summer, so you can take that liner out soon.....yeah, right.... ;) :)
Johnny196969

Post by Johnny196969 »

The jacket and trousers are excellent - just the 'super space age' lining is never warm. I did try it in the winter with a heated vest - it just sucked the heat away from me, as it's supposed to!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Outlast materiel.  I have recently bought a new matress and it has a cover made of Outlast.  Cost about £20 more than one covered in Coolmax so it's not the most expensive stuff around.