Weather protection

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Re: Weather protection

Post by 7vwh »

I know my heels keep hitting the front of the panniers on the work bike when i'm riding, which could support my theory.
SweRT

Post by SweRT »

Oops!
Long since last time but this seems next to: “same same but different” :o
The season is over this time, but the modifications have anyhow worked fine for us, also during the rainy tours ;)
jimmer137

Post by jimmer137 »

Just had the chance to ride today with the additional weather protection fitted, it was 2 degrees and raining with salt all over the roads. Have posted some before and after pics and as you can see, the parts are very effective - bottom of the bike is filthy but my legs and boots were absolutely clean including my toes so what more can I say apart from it took me over an hour to hose the bike down and wash it!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by jimmer137 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

I'm struggling to find the list of parts for "protection kit".
My dealer is unable to find anything and I remember that someone posted the complete list as it is not a "complete" part.
Help!
Thanks
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Page one of this thread fourth post give you the link to Real OEM showing all the bits.  It doesn't come as a kit.  If you dealer can't find it in his system he needs a good kicking.