Nav V storage screen

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
siclmn

Nav V storage screen

Post by siclmn »

On my Nav V when I go to Garmin Express I see that the device storage is 82% full. That is all that it tells me. I can't find a page where it shows what is in the internal storage on the Nav V.
And I just found out that the my motorcycle app is not for the RT. How stupid. We are just supposed to switch screens all the time if we want all the information?
Also I can't figure out how to control any of the Nav V functions with the selector on the left handlebar.
guest2360

Re: Nav V storage screen

Post by guest2360 »

The 82% it's showing you is all the storage it has.  If you want more plug in a Micro SD card. The handbook explains it.  Also the small booklet explaining all the Audio and other functions shows you the GPS functions.  just press the menu button until you get to GPS.  Push the wheel,inwards then spin it to select what to want then inwards again. Push it out to escape. 
siclmn

Post by siclmn »

It says "Device Storage [82% Full]  [size=78%]Internal storage is almost full."[/size]
[size=78%]I have put nothing into it to fill it up. I cannot find any files to show me what is in the Nav V.[/size]
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maps
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

siclmn wrote: I have put nothing into it to fill it up. I cannot find any files to show me what is in the Nav V.
The majority of the used space is the maps, if you require space for things such as music then you need to add a Micro SD card  :)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You will also discover that when you go to update the maps in Garmin Express it will tell you there is not enough storage space.  Then you got to put in a card.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: You will also discover that when you go to update the maps in Garmin Express it will tell you there is not enough storage space.  Then you got to put in a card.

When you update them again, does it over-write what's already on the card or just keep filling it up with different map versions?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Must just update what's already there.  I have never heard of anybody running out of memory once a card is in.  Odd thing is the first time mine said it needed one, after the update the card was still empty of maps. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk