To Poll or not (LC or other)

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT

Just wondering if your current bike is pre or post LC?

Pre LC
18%
LC
75%
Both
4%
Neither
4%

Total votes: 56

k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

To Poll or not (LC or other)

Post by k9doc »

As there now appear to be 1245 members on the site, I was wondering what proportion of those were pre LC (non specific) and obviously LC.
Before I launch a poll, I thought it prudent to check whether there is one in existence already. (I can't find one). Thankyou.
Last edited by k9doc on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
guest2360

Re: To Poll or not

Post by guest2360 »

Think you will find that the majority of us have owned more than one version of an RT and even a greater number are committed BMW nuts, me for one.  And no there has not been a pole of types that I know of.
k9doc
Great Britain

Re: To Poll or not

Post by k9doc »

^
Likewise although not a BMW nut. I think there are many other bikes out there just as good and may well have one next time around. I just get the impression from the posts that there seem to be a majority of LC's, or maybe they just post more.
Let's find out.
Last edited by k9doc on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: To Poll or not (LC or other)

Post by David. »

k9doc wrote:As there now appear to be 1245 members on the site, I was wondering what proportion of those were pre LC (non specific) and obviously LC.
Before I launch a poll, I thought it prudent to check whether there is one in existence already. (I can't find one). Thankyou.
Good question Chris, I've submitted my vote for a pre-LC model (2012 TC).

This model history thread/poll might be of interest, https://1200rt.com/index.php?topic=1164.msg7275#msg7275
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Next question. Considering there have to be far more pre LC out there, how come the figures are shaping up as they seem to be doing on this forum. Any theories?
Chris
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

Pre LC bike riders are to busy riding to post!
Does a 2011 1200gs count
Jim
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

As pre LC bike had a production run of 8 years and the LC just 2 the pre's should win this 4 to 1
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

^
Those were my thoughts as well. However, the poll to date is not supporting the theory so are there other factors involved? Are people with the newer model  keener to share their thoughts, have more questions to ask or just more forum inclined although I can't see why that should be the case. Perhaps the LC bikes are more reliable encouraging their owners to enthuse and share more rather than sitting at home, bikeless, waiting for reliability issues to be resolved. (Grumpy git)
                                                          ::)
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

k9doc wrote:Next question. Considering there have to be far more pre LC out there, how come the figures are shaping up as they seem to be doing on this forum. Any theories?
The LC has now been in production for over 2 years, some folks may be considering a new one to have the luxury of riding around with a 2 year (UK) manufacturer's warranty.

I'd love to & could ride around on a new bike every 2 years if I chose to do so, but as already documented, I prefer the pre-LC TC over the new LC.

Financial deals/loans or PCP's for example may also determine when bikes are replaced.

The Poll question is "Just wondering if your current bike is pre or post LC?"
Last edited by David. on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The other reason for the somewhat unusual numbers so far could be that this forum is not much more than a year old.  There are many RT forums around and if you already subscribe to,one of them you might not have come across this one yet. 
Quite a few of us LC owners came across from the sister 1600 forum having decided we didn't need a 350 kg bike any more.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

RTman10 wrote:The other reason for the somewhat unusual numbers so far could be that this forum is not much more than a year old.  There are many RT forums around and if you already subscribe to,one of them you might not have come across this one yet. 
That makes sense.
RTman10 wrote: Quite a few of us LC owners came across from the sister 1600 forum having decided we didn't need a 350 kg bike any more.
On the subject of weight, I had a Goldwing a few years ago. Sold that for something a little more agile. Am now of an age where the agility of a Wing and my own are more similarly matched and am no longer too concerned about obliterating 'chicken strips'.
Trying very hard to resist the temptation but have still got the 'Goldwing' emblazoned braces for holding my trousers up, and could put those back into service. Could well need a brace for my back as well if I put the plan into action.
Last edited by k9doc on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: As pre LC bike had a production run of 8 years and the LC just 2 the pre's should win this 4 to 1

Looks like your predictions are about as accurate as the pollsters at the last election!

;-)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Looks to me like somebody is doctoring the numbers[emoji47]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk