Jackets..??

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Ventura

Jackets..??

Post by Ventura »

sorry if this was discussed before .. :( . I think I will get rid of all my heavy duty touring jackets, and get something more (sporty)  appropriate ... :kacsint2: any recommrndations....?? I saw a nice Alpine one ..??
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Jackets..??

Post by daverj »

Alpinestars new Land goretex jacket. Highly recommended and a good price compared to BMW own stuff.
R1250RT LE
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Have used nothing but the BMW Airshell for the last 3 years.  Totally waterproof, fully armoured and with a very high tech thermal layer which is removable.  Very visible as well. 2015 version also has 5 zip up pockets including 2 waterproof ones. Comes with the normal 2 year warranty.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

daverj wrote:Alpinestars new Land goretex jacket.
Got the same jacket & trousers, nice kit.
Conmoto

Post by Conmoto »

It's been a long time since I purchased riding gear. Last outfit was 2 piece leather. Safe, but I think my full leather days are behind me. I'm driving to Duluth, MN to check out Aerostich products at their factory. I've read some pretty great reviews. General comfort/protection can be found with several vendors. I'm interested in electric heat. 
kiki

Post by kiki »

Last year i bought a 2 piece Rukka suit from a Canadian retailer and have been very pleased with it.
I bought the sporty Armas suit and pants. They aint cheap, but the fit is excellent and the function is exceptional.
And for function, this seems to be the only suit i have owned where in extreme downpours (for several hours at a time) i dont get one drop of water on my skin (using goretex gloves and boots, btw).
The heat/cold management is very broad (5 Celsius to 25 Celsius) and the protection is all certified.
Rukka push for a more form fitting suit, so you wear the pants over your underwear, and the jacket should be work over a thin underlayer.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

MOTOPORT +1
I call this gear industrial quality
Easy to maintain, great protection. Only downside is price
Jim
CWRoady

Post by CWRoady »

Motoport for me as well.
Ain't nothin like a friend who can tell you you're just pissin in the wind - Neil Young
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Alpinestars new Land goretex jacket. Highly recommended and a good price compared to BMW own stuff.

Looks like it's about the same price as BMW clothing.  My AirShell was £100 less than the Land jacket I saw on line today. What type of warranty do you get with Alpinestar.
Royal

Post by Royal »

Spada staffy looks like a belstaff and is totally waterproof as I found out in Germany, comes in black or brown  :)
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Rukka for me...
Alf170

Post by Alf170 »

Streetguard for grim weather (about now then) and Airshell for everything else. Both great jackets.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I have the original Streetguard suit which must be over 10 years old.  Still regularly use the trousers which are still 100% waterproof.  Best value kit I have ever bought. If in the future they start to leak I will probably complain to BMW Customer Services.
Dbaliko

Post by Dbaliko »

I have a new Klim Latitude jacket that is very nice. Well constructed, gortex, and fits well.
Doug- 2012 R1200RT
jjwill
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Post by jjwill »

have had Rukka jackets and trousers for 15 years and never failed me