Does anyone use a tank bag

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
turdboman

Does anyone use a tank bag

Post by turdboman »

Does anyone use a tank bag and if so which bag and what year RT ??
mhr43

Re: Does anyone use a tank bag

Post by mhr43 »

Hepco & Becker. 5 l , just big enough for passport, tickets and coins for tolls etc. Much easier than rummaging in pockets!
2015 1200 Rt
guest2368

Post by guest2368 »

SW Motech Quicklock evo Daypack with the map pocket on top.  Big enough for the camera, documents and a small bottle of water.  I got the map pocket as I am slowly coming back round to using paper maps and notes for primary navigation.
kiki

Post by kiki »

SW Motech EVO Daypack with EVO tank Ring. I have a 2016 RT with Keyless option.
The tank lock Daypack is perfect, and just fits with no bar interference. It has exceptional fit and finish, is expandable, and has internal storage pockets on the sides and top. Love it.
tvguylv

Post by tvguylv »

I use an RKA tank bag build for the GTL on my '16 1200RT. The bag for the RT looks funny when it on the bike. I refuse to pay $330.00+ for a crappy BMW bag. The map pouch turns brown very quickly

http://rka-luggage.com/A08%20BMW/K1600GT/K1600GT_GTL.html
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye" _ '11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD _ '02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

Where did you get the bag Kiki ?? One Canadian site says that it is not compatible with Key-less....??
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

Ventura wrote: Where did you get the bag Kiki ?? One Canadian site says that it is not compatible with Key-less....??

I bought the SW-Motech from Revzilla, and it works just fine with keyless.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

BMW bag for me on a 2012 bike.

Tango

Post by Tango »

DaygloDavid wrote: BMW bag for me on a 2012 bike.
Plus one on the BMW bag for 2010 , purpose made easy fit £50 ebay,

that's why I didn't buy a new RT, well that and the extra £11,000 or so ha.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Ventura wrote: Where did you get the bag Kiki ?? One Canadian site says that it is not compatible with Key-less....??
SW Motech makes a ring especially for the keyless BMW's -- it is ring #306-- just make sure which line you buy is correct (SW Motech makes 2 lines-- ION and EVO-- ION is the more cost effective, EVO is a little nicer with more features)  -- ION bags need ION rings and EVO bags need EVO rings. You should also note that I tried both the ION and EVO rings on my tank-- and the ION rings interfere ever so slightly when the fuel cap is fully open. The EVO rings don't touch at all.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

sofnolime wrote: SW Motech Quicklock evo Daypack with the map pocket on top.  Big enough for the camera, documents and a small bottle of water.  I got the map pocket as I am slowly coming back round to using paper maps and notes for primary navigation.

same here

BMWJim

Post by BMWJim »

BMW R1200RT bag on 2008.
slothy

Post by slothy »

i have the bmw one and love it, been using it alot lately while i wait on painter to finish painting the side bag lids
Royal

Post by Royal »

BMW one for me on a 2015 RT, it's been designed to fit on the bike  ;D
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

kiki wrote: SW Motech makes a ring especially for the keyless BMW's -- it is ring #306-- just make sure which line you buy is correct (SW Motech makes 2 lines-- ION and EVO-- ION is the more cost effective, EVO is a little nicer with more features) -- ION bags need ION rings and EVO bags need EVO rings. You should also note that I tried both the ION and EVO rings on my tank-- and the ION rings interfere ever so slightly when the fuel cap is fully open. The EVO rings don't touch at all.
The EVO ring can supply power to the tank-bag with an optional kit, the ION ring cannot.

The EVO bag can be fitted with a locking pin that prevents the release latch from operating, thereby locking the bag to the bike. The zips can be locked together as well.

With most other bags (the BMW one for example), you have to rig something up yourself to prevent the bag or contents being removed
Last edited by beemerboy9 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bentall