need a white jacket the florida sun is hot in a black one !!

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
turdboman

need a white jacket the florida sun is hot in a black one !!

Post by turdboman »

Need a white jacket the Florida sun is hot in a black one !! I would like a mesh one with a liner and Armour !!
Cleverbee

Re: need a white jacket the florida sun is hot in a black one !!

Post by Cleverbee »

Come over to East Yorkshire, won't need a white jacket.... -1°C at the moment, which is a git when you've just laid a load of bricks, aaaaagh !!!
:nif:
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

Wouldn't recommend white, shows dirt really bad, any of the quality mesh jackets in a lighter or hi viz color should work. BMW dealer or BMW On
Magazine should be a good start
Jim
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

BMW Airshell with the liner removed. Vented front, arms and sides and very bright.  Only had the liner out once here in July, I froze
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

As a SE Florida resident myself I can say definitively that any jacket will be hot pretty much all year. As a riding commuter and ATGATT convert, I wear a black mesh jacket with armor, with a class 2 safety vest over it. The safety yellow vest seems to help reflect some of sun's heating effect as well as providing increased visibility. The included liner lives in my top box for those occasional cooler morning/evening runs. When going any distance, I wear a 1 piece fully perforated suit by TEIZ Motorsports. http://www.teizmotorsports.com. Wears like a "Stich" but designed for tropical heat. The suit is not waterproof but has waterproof pockets and I carry a rain suit in the panniers. For the price of a stock Roadcrafter, you get a fully custom Teiz. Check them out.
Oh the places we will go
Dbaliko

Post by Dbaliko »

Olympia makes a few mesh jackets that have a white base color.
Doug- 2012 R1200RT