iPod not playing....

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Ventura

iPod not playing....

Post by Ventura »

I connected the iPod according to the instructions on the 2016 with Audio built in- nothing....message of " no USB "...!? What did I do  wrong ( or didn't do...??)
pbsrides

Re: iPod not playing....

Post by pbsrides »

You have the special Apple cable and Bluetooth turned off on bike and iPod so it'll play through speakers? You can use a plain old usb key ya know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Might not be relevant but the system will,only play MP3 format. With anything else it shows No USB.
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

Bought a split cable for my iPod from the dealer... It׳s working... Need to figure out : How to control volume, change songs etc.????
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Go get a USB stick load it up and plug it straight into the cable.  Bike will do it all for you.  And its always there ready to go. And you still have an empty locker.  You can always take the very expensive cable back and ask for a refund.
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

Good to know... How do I control the music...?? The Volume is not affecting it .. And is there away to move songs forward ..??
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

With a USB stick the wheel does it all when you select from the menu.  Spin up,or down for volume and push in or out to change tracks.  Everything is displayed on the dash.  When on the audio setting you do not have the option of the digital speedo though.  It's all shown in the little Quick Manul for Menu and audio System booklet.
Last edited by guest2360 on Tue May 03, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

Thank you. I wonder why it doesn't do that with the actual iPod connected....??
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I assume because BMW provide a USB slot as the audio unit is programmed to use it.  Using an iPod is just an option. I never used anything except a USB stick because once you plug it in you can just forget it.
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

I never use the USB stick….so I am not sure if I can control different Playlists from it... :wonder:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Just read the booklet. It shows you.
Last edited by guest2360 on Tue May 03, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aweight

Post by aweight »

Hi, thought I would chip in - the wheel should control volume up (spin up), vol down (spin down), next (push right) and previous track (push left)when using the ipod or usb. This will only work with the official BMW cable or the BMW Mini (as in car not as in small) cable (the one I use) which is a little smaller in form factor and also comes in a lightning connector variant for more modern iphones

On the audio control panel press mode to browse by album, use the wheel to navigate through the menus

I sometime get the no usb and I believe it's due to a glitch in the software, often just unplugging and reconnecting the cable works, or indeed sometimes changing the source helps.

I hope this helps
R1200RT LE San Marino Blue
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

Yes, thank you. I just plugged it in , without any changes in the menu- that's why there was response from the "wheel"... :alas:
rsvldave

Post by rsvldave »

The only issue I have with using a usb stick is your limited to mp3's. I find the sound quality on mp3's crappy and only listen to lossless apple format. but your mileage may vary

Dave
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

Happy to report that it is working fine now… :whistle:  just as aweight  suggested it should…I need to figure how to change Playlist…
Also to my surprise, I can hear the speakers up to 65 Km/hr...