Newbie saying high - getting 2014 RT tomorrow.

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
mattye

Newbie saying high - getting 2014 RT tomorrow.

Post by mattye »

Hi all,

A quick note to say hi to everyone here. I've used other forum before and it seems right to introduce myself.

About to take charge of a 2104 RT tomorrow after 13 years on jap bikes. I've had a couple of bad experiences with recent bikes (n names mentioned but rhymes with onda) and dealers and so thought it time to try BMW.

My local garage in Oxford have been great so far. Good availability of test ride bikes, plenty of information when asking questions, reasonable trade in price for my 2014 Crosstourer and have kept me informed all the way through the purchase process.

I commute around 15k miles per year all year round which is why I have been on jap bikes till now. My slight concern for the RT is how well it will cope with the UK salty roads during winter. I always use ACF50 on my bikes so hopefully this will keep the worse of the corrosion at bay. Also yet to experience first hand BMW reliability so hopefully with the latest generation engine and drive train all should be good. I'll be doing my own servicing as I'm very fussy when it comes to looking after my bikes which was one of the appeals of the RT. Servicing seems relatively straight forward and the valve clearance check doesn't require disassembly of half of the bike, unlike most jap bikes.

Anyway, looking forward to the whole BMW experience.

As an aside what kind of mileage are you guys seeing on your RT's. I see lots of 40-60k bikes around so seems good.
mattye

Re: Newbie saying high - getting 2014 RT tomorrow.

Post by mattye »

Just realised this is in the wrong section.  :whistle: