I had a custom seat made today

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
siclmn

I had a custom seat made today

Post by siclmn »

I went to Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston Washington. The process takes about 4 hours and it's quite complicated. It takes him and 5 employees to do it. You get on the bike a few times so he can take measurements. There is a lot of cutting and gluing and layering. When it is done you take a test ride. Then a new covering is made from vinyl or leather and there are many choices on those. You end up with a place to sit your butt that is shaped for you. I don't slide forward anymore and my sits bones don't hurt. I now have a firm saddle. The "Bouncing Betty" saddle is no more. Like a pair of shoes your saddle has to fit your body. If your tempted to buy one of those mass produced saddles that are one size fits all and it's real cool looking, I don't think that is the way to go. I rode 200 miles home on my new saddle and have to say that it was a $500 well spent.[/size]ImageImage
Last edited by siclmn on Sat May 07, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
step2534

Re: I had a custom seat made today

Post by step2534 »

That looks very very comfortable.

Tell you what I could do with is something similar  but maybe slightly narrower, even narrower than stock seat as ive only short inside leg.

Even the low seat feels quite wide I think it would be possible. But the one you've got looks brilliant
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

That does look comfortable...
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Great design and looks really comfortable. Enjoy!