Garmin 660 Sat Nav

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
monty

Garmin 660 Sat Nav

Post by monty »

Hi - apologies if this has been asked before but I have a Garmin 660 sat nav from my GS - I want to know whether the unit will mount in the standard mount on the RT - I know it cant be controlled from the handle bars but wondered if (a) it fitted and (b) whether the audio would route through the bikes radio / audio system ?
Many Thanks
Monty
guest2360

Re: Garmin 660 Sat Nav

Post by guest2360 »

The answer is yes.  However the wheel won't change the screen settings and you cannot use any music you have in it.  Also the audio out socket is covered by the cradle so you either try to hear it through the speakers (nearly impossible) or hard wire an Autocom to the audio unit or get some Bluetooth stuff.
monty

Post by monty »

Brilliant - thanks for that

I'm going to get a Nav V when I can afford one but wanted to have the use of my existing one until then

Thanks again

Regards

Ian

Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I did the same, used my 660 until I managed to buy the Nav V. Worked fine, the Nav V is quicker, but to be honest, I could have stayed with it.
monty

Post by monty »

I took my wired autocom unit off my GS and need to fit that to the RT - but the wiring for that was linked to the factory mount for the 660 to get sound in our helmets

If I use the mount on the RT and the output is covered can I do anything with out BT ?

Cheers

Ian
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Again yes. You need an Autocom connection lead for the audio unit Pt no 2273 I remember but check with Autocom. This connects the speakers to the Autocom so you and your pillion hear everything. Volume for everything is also controlled by the wheel.  You only need a Bluetooth dongle if you want to connect your phone through the 660.