Touring Screen

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
realshelby

Re: Touring Screen

Post by realshelby »

Actually the WERKS Quiet Ride is cheaper for any destination when bought from WERKS Parts LLC . 

WERKS Quiet Ride
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

realshelby wrote: Actually the WERKS Quiet Ride is cheaper for any destination when bought from WERKS Parts LLC . 

WERKS Quiet Ride

How does that work then? If the screen is cheaper from the manufacturer and you still have to pay international shipping from both companies, how is Werks cheaper? Unless I have read the site wrong (which I could have) and Werks ship internationally within the cost of the screen!
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

Casbar wrote:
How does that work then? If the screen is cheaper from the manufacturer and you still have to pay international shipping from both companies, how is Werks cheaper? Unless I have read the site wrong (which I could have) and Werks ship internationally within the cost of the screen!

The screen is not cheaper from the "manufacturer". The price on their site does not include shipping costs of any kind to any destination. Pricing on WERKS Parts includes shipping costs to the 48 US states. If shipping to other destinations, there is a shipping upcharge. But it will be around $30 less as that is about what it costs to ship on average in the 48 states. People like to see shipping included in price so there is no BS at checkout with unrealistic profit on shipping. But, there are those that see a lower initial price and are sure that is a better price.......What matters is what is the cost to your DOOR. Then what matters is how much you like it!
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

I bought the standard height Werks screen. Delighted with it, I am 6.1,  33 leg. Perfect for me. So much better than the BMW screen.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Ok when I get around to buying one, I'll try both companies and the one which comes out cheaper gets my business  :)