R1200RT LC Engine and Saddlebag Guards

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
yellowjacket

R1200RT LC Engine and Saddlebag Guards

Post by yellowjacket »

Well I just returned from a week long 2800 mile trip thru the Smokey mountains. I must say that the 2016 RT ran like a clock and the trip was very comfortable. The curvy roads were a blast and not so much of a workout.This was the first long trip on the Beemer even though I have made many on Harley's. I now want to install some engine guards and saddlebag guards. I would also like to put some spot lights and highway foot pegs on the bars at a later date. Any suggestions and pictures since this is a big investment for me.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: R1200RT LC Engine and Saddlebag Guards

Post by T6pilot »

I went with the machine art moto rubber cylinder guards and the BMW k1600/1200rt side case protection strips
No highway pegs, several options on extra lighting
Skene design photon blasters in front and P3's in the rear help tremendously in being seen cost $$
True spot lights and fog lights are $$$ and complex to install
Jim
ggoldfogel

Post by ggoldfogel »

I went with Touratech upper and lower cage bars on the front and Ilium pannier bars.  Now the bike will never be dropped, just like it never rains if I have my rain suit...
pbsrides

Post by pbsrides »

Ztechnic engine guards have better mount points for highway pegs if you're not tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

Take a look at the Krauser bars available from Wunderlich http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/20380101-103.html . Have both engine and bag bars on my 16RT. Just another viable option. Plastic protecting metal just doesn't do it for me. ;)
Oh the places we will go