BMW comfort or Sargent…?? Help...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Ventura

BMW comfort or Sargent…?? Help...

Post by Ventura »

Need your help in deciding between the Low Sargent seat or- the BMW Comfort seat…?? :(
I'm looking for LOW seat 30" (75cm)  max. and  COMFORT…??
I'd like to hear from riders who used both….
Thank you.
guest3074

Re: BMW comfort or Sargent…?? Help...

Post by guest3074 »

Ventura wrote: or- the BMW Comfort seat…?? :(
If you have the water cooled RT the BMW comfort seat that fitted previos RT's does not fit this model  :(
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

I have the 2016  LC…Liquid Cooled..???
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Ventura wrote: I have the 2016  LC…Liquid Cooled.. ???
I had the comfort seat on my 2010 RT and it was a great seat, sadly not adjustable in height so may not of suited what you are looking for anyway, not sure that Low and Comfort quite go together as in order to make the low they have to remove some of the padding  :-\
pbsrides

Post by pbsrides »

I've ridden more than 10000 miles on my 14 r1200rtlc with Sargent low seat. Love it. Had one on my 08 GS too.  I'm 5'5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

Wasn't the Sargent too hard?  Was it more comfortable then stock ??
I read here that the BMW Comfort is lower then the Standard , when installed ??  I will be happy if it is lower  and more comfortable then the standard-hight  stock…!?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

As you have a 2016 LC there are three seat options.  These are  High, Standard and Low. all are adjustable.  There is no seat called Comfort.  That was only made for the Pre 2014 RT.
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

Oh well, thank you !!…that's solve some of my decision dilemma..So now I've to figure out : between the Lower Sargent and Lower Stock - which is more Comfy…???
CentralWisR1200RT

Post by CentralWisR1200RT »

Hello, newbie here! I can partially answer your question in a couple weeks. I currently have the stock normal seat on a 2011 R1200RT. I ordered the Sargent World seat Low version about two weeks ago, and expect it to be shipped within the next two weeks, then I can post a review between the Sargent low and the stock BMW seat.

2011 R1200RT