Full face Helmet or Flip front

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Vince Prince

Re: Full face Helmet or Flip front

Post by Vince Prince »

Take a look at the Shark Evo One. New for 2016 it fits my Arai head and transforms from a full face to a jet type. Clever bit of French kit.
Follow the link for the tech stuff and a video. Shark do pretty well on the SHARP tests as well.

http://www.shark-helmets.com/product.ph ... _gamme=EV1

Pope

Post by Pope »

Vince Prince wrote: Take a look at the Shark Evo One. New for 2016 it fits my Arai head and transforms from a full face to a jet type. Clever bit of French kit.
Follow the link for the tech stuff and a video. Shark do pretty well on the SHARP tests as well.

http://www.shark-helmets.com/product.php?code_sous_gamme=EV1

Yes, I have one of these and i love it. I've upgraded from the Shark Evoline 3 (which was a good helmet but a too little heavy and noisy).
However, the EvoOne is a massive improvement in every way.
Lighter, quieter, better vents, better visor with Pinlock, better flip mechanism...

I've got lots of flip helmets, including all the BMW system helmets and Shoei Neotec. but its always the Shark that i grab from the shelf now. 
Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Heaven forbid, but accidents do happen.  I had the misfortune to come off and roll a dozen times on tarmac (11 years ago).  The visor and chin area of my full face helmet was almost destroyed.  I have not worn an open face helmet since.

I'm sure they do the job in a minor spill, but if it gets serious, you need as much protection as possible.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Bertie wrote: If your interested in BMW system 6 there is a German website I have bought a few things off recently, example, a pair of ladies Daytona gortex boots for Mrs Bertie £100 cheaper than UK!! Although the web address is co.uk and the prices are in pounds they are based in Karlsruhe Germany. http://www.moto24.co.uk/
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Stratman wrote: If your interested in BMW system 6 there is a German website I have bought a few things off recently, example, a pair of ladies Daytona gortex boots for Mrs Bertie £100 cheaper than UK!! Although the web address is co.uk and the prices are in pounds they are based in Karlsruhe Germany. http://www.moto24.co.uk/
Although for BMW stuff you will need to go to their other site http://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.co.uk  ;)
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Just bought a Schuberth C3 Pro. First impressions are good, different fit to my Neotec, but seems to be quieter.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

My 2 cents worth
I purchased The C3 helmet as I wanted Comms using the SRC system.
The real value in the C3 helmet, if it's a proper fitting one, is not that you can flip it open, but rather that you can not remove it ones it's closed...even without the strap done up.
You have to stretch the helmet sideways with the flip open to get it on, then ones you close the flip part, you can not get it off.
That in my opinion makes the helmet safer then a full face version.
2014 R1200RT-LC
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Just the same as a BMW System 6 that just happens to be less expensive and I think a bit lighter.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Just the same as a BMW System 6 that just happens to be less expensive and I think a bit lighter.

Note lighter, C3 same weight as the system 6, C3 Pro 1.57 Kg, system 6 1.6 kg That is according to the Sharp website.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

RTman10 wrote: Just the same as a BMW System 6 that just happens to be less expensive and I think a bit lighter.
Not at the time when I looked, but the System 6 (or 7?) will be my next helmet, including the BMW Comms system for full compatibility with my bike.
2014 R1200RT-LC
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Casbar wrote:
Note lighter, C3 same weight as the system 6, C3 Pro 1.57 Kg, system 6 1.6 kg That is according to the Sharp website.
My system 6 that I got last week is 1.695kg +\-50g on the sticker  :)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maybe Alfred could weigh his nice new shiny one. I have just weighed my 6 on a set of digital scales. 1.62 which includes a full Autocom headset, a set of dumb French stickers and a few squashed bugs.
Last edited by guest2360 on Wed May 25, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Was always an AGV man till took the plunge with a Shoei Multitec 7 years ago... brill! Comfy, quiet & great not having to take it off in petrol stations / banks! Bought a System 6 two years ago & have found this an even better helmet overall.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
JayBees7

Post by JayBees7 »

Oh boy the joys of British biking re helmets and fuel stops. I use a Neotec flip front and usually no bother with attendants. However one site just off the M6 and towards Grimsargh in Lancashire are a pain. On one occasion I removed my Shoei and put just £10 of fuel in then put my helmet back on and went in to pay with the front down then was told to remove my lid. I flipped up the front put the tenner on the pay desk and walked out.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

RTman10 wrote: Maybe Alfred could weigh his nice new shiny one. I have just weighed my 6 on a set of digital scales. 1.62 which includes a full Autocom headset, a set of dumb French stickers and a few squashed bugs.
Oiiiii
I never claimed anything about weight, just that it was cheaper then the BMW at the time. :)
2014 R1200RT-LC