Bevel box

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Vince Prince

Bevel box

Post by Vince Prince »

So, a couple of weeks into ownership of my 2016 RT LE with black drivetrain, I note three tapped holes in the bevel box. What are they for?
Cheers guys,
Vince
Levisp

Re: Bevel box

Post by Levisp »

They are for the rear mudguard on the GS and GSA bikes. You would think Mr BMW would put some screws in to finish off our bikes. I sourced some to make it look more finished.
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

Mmm, wouldn't happen on a Honda. I have sourced some black plastic bungs from ebay to do what BMW should have done an an 18 grand bike. Also had to get an SD card for my brand new nav V as it can't update Europe maps due to lack of internal capacity.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Vince Prince wrote: had to get an SD card for my brand new nav V as it can't update Europe maps due to lack of internal capacity.

Same issue here - but my dealer (Bahnstormers Alton) did the job for me when the bike was in for a service.  They provided the SD card for free too!

:) :)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Too good to you they are.  Different subject.  Had to follow a car from Nottingham to Ashford yesterday.  All done at under legal speed with with quite a bit of 50mpg stuff on the M1.  Total distance was 189 miles to the first fuel stop.  cost at £1.10 a Lt was £11,00. Work it out, it's amazing .  This side of the channel making progress through to Vianden , not half as good.
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

Well done. So the money you saved on fuel can go towards three bevel box plugs and an SD card.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I quite like the shiny bits on the box so no plug for me.