SA Anti Theft Alarm System Rider Testing

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
johnesherman

SA Anti Theft Alarm System Rider Testing

Post by johnesherman »

I have a 2016 keyless OE "603 SA Anti-theft Alarm system"; as a result, I arm the alarm and disarm the system when I park all right, but how can I do a simple test to determine the alarm system is really working (the actual alarm goes off) other than see the dash light flash indicating it's on and armed and ready. For example, there are three (according to manual) motion sensors; therefore what do they sense? Can I trip a motion sensor simply for a actual alarm test?  I find the operator manual just a little lacking about what trips the theft alarm when armed or how to verify it actually works. Name the three motion sensors?

Thanks for the knowledge help.

John Sherman R1200RT Tacoma WA USA
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: SA Anti Theft Alarm System Rider Testing

Post by T6pilot »

I believe if you get on the bike when armed it should sound, I've forgotten a couple times and set it off
Jim
guest2360

Re: SA Anti Theft Alarm System Rider Testing

Post by guest2360 »

Just arm it and give the bike a nudge.  It should go off.  Mine went off yesterday when I opened the top box which is not on the central locking system.