Help with a minor (but irritating) windshield maintenance issue

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
Richwill

Help with a minor (but irritating) windshield maintenance issue

Post by Richwill »

I posted this in another area and didn't get a response.  I wonder if someone could have a look and perhaps provide some insight.  Thanks!

Not quite the same topic but....regarding my electric screen ('09).  There's a very small little rubber bumper, on both sides, that provides a soft place place for the screen to 'land' when it reaches the fully down position, so that it doesn't rattle.  One side was missing the small rubber stop and I picked up a replacement.  I fished it in to the hole where it lives, but can't squeeze it in all the way so that it's set.  I'm suspecting that you have to get in behind it and pull it down gently to do so.  However, I can't find anything on Google or Utube as to how or what to take apart to get in behind it.  (BTW I've only just acquired the bike so don't have any familiarity with it yet).
guest2360

Re: Help with a minor (but irritating) windshield maintenance issue

Post by guest2360 »

I seem to remember a spot of washing up liquid on the rubber then gently press and twist.
Richwill

Post by Richwill »

Thanks.....I'll give it a go.
Richwill

Post by Richwill »

Thanks RTman!  Worked [size=78%]like a charm.[/size]