Insurance + claim + NCB

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
circlehappenork

Insurance + claim + NCB

Post by circlehappenork »

I've been knocked out of my previous bike in August '15. Was riding hired bikes for a while. Got paid for my wrecked bike. The accident wasn't my fault.
Now, I've changed my insurance company this May to eBike, saying that I've got 3 years NCB. I need to send them that paper until Saturday, however my previous insurance company (MCE) won't send it to me, because the third party and hire company are still fighting for their money. MCE is saying they're waiting for call from hire company and hire company is waiting for call from MCE...

eBike's customer service have told me that if I won't send it until Saturday they'll charge me whooping £500 more for premium, due to 0 years NCB.
I've asked them if I'll get the refund when the claim will be closed and I'll receive my 3 years NCB, the answer was no.
When I was filling up the form for new insurance online there wasn't an option 'Non-fault accident - pending'. eBike customer service is not helpful.

Is here anyone who could help me out with my options how to solve it?
Or will I have to pay for laziness of others?
Last edited by circlehappenork on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Insurance + claim + NCB

Post by Casbar »

Can't really help with your situation, but hindsight is a great thing. When you were doing your insurance quote, you should have ticked the "had an accident" button, this would then have told you to phone for a quote, you then explain. Whether its not fault or not its still an accident. But until everyone agrees its non fault, you can't prove your no claims. I would say look at cancellation cost or suck it up. You could also find that although you have no claims your price will rise.

If you cancel, try another broker where you can explain. I have had great service from Principle Insurance, they are a broker based in Manchester.
fatnfast

Post by fatnfast »

MCE are just a broker I believe. Find out who you were insured with through them. Contact them and ask for a letter to confirm it was not your fault. A few years back when I was in a no_fault accident, my insurance company quickly sent me a letter confirming the other party had accepted full responsibility. If they will not do this, then could it be that you have been wrongly apportioned part of the blame?
What about sticking with MCE? Or are they also saying the claim is still outstanding and will not honour your no claims discount.
The only other alternative is to look at a short term policy until the claim is sorted.
circlehappenork

Casbar wrote: When you were doing your insurance quote, you should have ticked the "had an accident" button, this would then have told you to phone for a quote, you then explain.
When filling up the form online I've ticked that I had an accident 'hit by third party - non fault'
I've assumed that if I got paid for my bike having only 3rd party insurance that the other party took the liability for it.
Casbar wrote: I would say look at cancellation cost or suck it up...
If you cancel, try another broker where you can explain. I have had great service from Principle Insurance, they are a broker based in Manchester.
Cancellation fee is £75 and I don't think that anyone would give me a quote that is close as this one. I'm still 24 years old.
fatnfast wrote: MCE are just a broker I believe. Find out who you were insured with through them. Contact them and ask for a letter to confirm it was not your fault. A few years back when I was in a no_fault accident, my insurance company quickly sent me a letter confirming the other party had accepted full responsibility. If they will not do this, then could it be that you have been wrongly apportioned part of the blame?
What about sticking with MCE? Or are they also saying the claim is still outstanding and will not honour your no claims discount.
The only other alternative is to look at a short term policy until the claim is sorted.
I'll try tomorrow to call directly the insurer, I belive it's AXA. MCE quoted me like 1.4k for renewal...
Due to the value of the bike no one will give me short term policy. Tried that :)
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

circlehappenork wrote:
When I was filling up the form for new insurance online there wasn't an option 'Non-fault accident - pending'. eBike customer service is not helpful.

Make your mind up, the quote above says you didn't tick the option. But now you say you did.

Anyway, without the proof of no claims you are stuffed. All companies only give you a few weeks to produce. They should though be able to check on the insurance database to see if you have had an accident and made a claim
fatnfast

Post by fatnfast »

I hope you get it sorted, but if you have not already committed to e--bike you might want to read this
https://forum.motorcyclenews.com/topic/ ... nsurance/4
Great prices for a reason?
circlehappenork

Casbar wrote:
Make your mind up, the quote above says you didn't tick the option. But now you say you did.[size=2px]
[/size]
I've said that there wasn't an option to choose that I had an accident that is still pending, so I've chosen non fault.

[size=2px]
fatnfast wrote:
[/size][size=2px][size=2px]I hope you get it sorted, but if you have not already committed to e--bike you might want to read this [/size][size=2px][size=2px]https://forum.motorcyclenews.com/topic/79450/e-bike-online-insurance/4[/size][size=2px][size=2px]Great prices for a reason?[/size][size=2px][/quote][/size]
They've accepted my driving license details straightaway. NCB I think every insurance company would be similar.

Next battle in the morning