Photon Blaster

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Gonzo

Photon Blaster

Post by Gonzo »

Hello. I recently bought a set of Skene Photon Blaster TS for my 2016 LC R1200RT. Too many crazy drivers not paying attention in my area so, I thought this might help. My questions is, has anyone installed this? If so, which wires you tapped for the TS feature? Any advice would be appreciated. 
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Photon Blaster

Post by T6pilot »

I've only installed the basic photon blasters, on my 15 RT power comes from fuse container under front of seat
Turn signal function more than likely will require access to wiring loom for each turn light itself
I've had questions on various bikes answered via email direct from Jerry Skene, he is very helpful, would start their
Keep us posted as I would like to upgrade my photon blasters
Jim
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

If you go to the Skene Design web site. Look at the Photon Blaster section- Installation.
Wiring diagram 1B covers what you want to do. [size=78%]http://www.skenedesign.com/lights/PB_Features.shtml[/size]
You will need to remove the speaker grills and speakers to access the turn signal wiring harness. The turn signals set at a lousy angle to work on, but you can disconnect the plug to the units and it will give you about 4" of working room. The striped wire is the hot in each pair.
Did you remember to get the resistors? Without them, you will get a fast flash.
I just went through the same install 2 months ago on my 16 RT. Recommend using small needle nose pliers to reconnect the turn signal wiring after you are done.
Good luck.
8)
Oh the places we will go
wethead

Post by wethead »

:eggs:  very interested in the install result for a wethead
If it takes you all day to do something you used to do all day, you are getting old.