Highway pegs for R1200RT-LC with Touratech engine guard

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
ggoldfogel

Highway pegs for R1200RT-LC with Touratech engine guard

Post by ggoldfogel »

Has anyone successfully mounted highway pegs either to TT bars or the bike?  If so can you share and take a photo?  Many thanks, Gary
mercator1

Re: Highway pegs for R1200RT-LC with Touratech engine guard

Post by mercator1 »

Mick-o-pegs now makes RTW pegs.  I already have the Ilium Works pegs, or else I'd get a set.  My brother has them on his Goldwing, and they are extremely comfortable.  The can make them in black or anodized silver.  The bike in the example pics is filthy, so ignore that.  Not my bike.  BTW, these attach at the header flange, and don't require bars.
Attachments
IMAG0832-2.jpg
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

Another pic.
Attachments
IMAG0826.jpg
ggoldfogel

Post by ggoldfogel »

The Mic-o-pegs are a wonderful product but cannot be installed with crash bars.  I still seek a highway peg solution.  Have tried Ilium bars in multiple locations without finding a good location thus far...
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

ggoldfogel wrote: The Mic-o-pegs are a wonderful product but cannot be installed with crash bars.  I still seek a highway peg solution.  Have tried Ilium bars in multiple locations without finding a good location thus far...

Actually, I've been talking with Jim and Jay Mick the last couple of days, and they can, indeed, be installed with bars.  Almost all of their models are designed to be installed on 1" (25mm) bars.  The ones they designed for the RTW mount to the exhaust flange bolt, which I didn't really like the idea of anyway.  I may have located a set off of a Goldwing that are virtually new for $100, so I may be giving it a try.  They may not be the right angle and drop, as that varies among the 10 or so different models.
ggoldfogel

Post by ggoldfogel »

Get them to work and I'll be the first customer. I was very sad to return my pegs when they couldn't be mounted with TT bars. To their credit, the company provided return postage and full refund making me very much want to buy from them again.
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

ggoldfogel wrote: Get them to work and I'll be the first customer. I was very sad to return my pegs when they couldn't be mounted with TT bars. To their credit, the company provided return postage and full refund making me very much want to buy from them again.

I just looked and the bar diameter of the Touratech's is 1" (25mm) and that's what the Mick-o-pegs require. 
Last edited by mercator1 on Thu May 05, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ggoldfogel

Post by ggoldfogel »

Were you successful getting Mick-o-pegs to work with crash bars? Still seeking highway peg solution for LC.
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

ggoldfogel wrote: Were you successful getting Mick-o-pegs to work with crash bars? Still seeking highway peg solution for LC.

I haven't yet.  Money has been kind of tight right now.  Had some medical expenses to deal with.  Jay and Jim Mick are pretty sure the model TG is what you want to use.  If you get a chance before I do, I'd be interested in seeing the pics.