RT. Rear Seat. Two up.

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest3954

RT. Rear Seat. Two up.

Post by guest3954 »

Bought a 2010 RT after selling my K1200RS. I do a lot of two up touring with the wife and love the bike. One thing I am noticing is that after a while the pillion starts to slide (very gradually) towards me. The RT I have bought has a low ride rider seat option and I am wondering if this sets up a slight incline on the pillion seat , to cause this drift forward? Never had this problem on any bike before.
Levisp

Re: RT. Rear Seat. Two up.

Post by Levisp »

Could try one of these http://www.triboseat.com I have one on my Pan and Management says it works well.
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

The front seat is independent of the rear for the pillion which has no adjustment so I don't think that just because you have the low option for the rider this has any impact on the pillion.
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

When I looked at how the rear seat slots in. it looked to me that the forward mounts rested on the rear of the riders seat. That's what got me thinking that the position was slightly lower.
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

My Wife had the same problem I bought some of that none slip soft perforated rubber matting you can get in rolls to use on trays to stop plates etc slipping about. Cut it to the shape of the seat no more problems and only cost a pound.
Last edited by Bertie on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

I've got one of those mesh covers. Will give it try. Thanks guys.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

I got the BMW comfort seat, works a treat and no creeping pillion  :)
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

UKDucatiman wrote: I got the BMW comfort seat, works a treat and no creeping pillion  :)
I had one on my 2010, wish they did it for the LC's  :(
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Benchmark wrote: I had one on my 2010, wish they did it for the LC's  :(

As far as I know they now do. I got a text from them but have not bought yet. Just check their website and its listed for bikes 2005 - 15 so I guess that have modified the cover to now fit the LC.
Last edited by Levisp on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Levisp wrote:
As far as I know they now do. I got a text from them but have not bought yet. Just check their website and its listed for bikes 2005 - 15 so I guess that have modified the cover to now fit the LC.
Nothing listed on BMW Motorrad and I doubt the seat will suit pre LC and now the LC bikes as the seat lock where you stick the key is at the back of the bike on a pre LC bike and on the LC's it's part of the rear seat.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Who was the text from. No way the pre 2014 seat could be modified to fit both
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

The one I was looking at was from Triboseat not BMW. Its just a slip on cover with elastic ties. I enquired last year for the LC and at that time they said they did not make one. I got a email earlier this year to say they have a fitment for the LC. So I guess theirs must fit. I think before buying it would be worth a check. Does seem odd on their website they only have one listing 2005-15. I was expecting a separate listing 2014 - onwards.

http://www.ekmpowershop6.com/ekmps/shop ... -175-p.asp
Last edited by Levisp on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Levisp wrote: Its just a slip on cover with elastic ties.
We were talking about the BMW comfort seat and not a cover  ;)
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Oops sorry just re-read post.