Newbie - Low seat question

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
timjoebob

Newbie - Low seat question

Post by timjoebob »

I am purchasing a 2009 RT with the low seat option. It's a one-piece seat (as you probably know. Or is this a Comfort seat?) My buddy's RT has a Corbin two-piece standard height seat, which I REALLY like.

My question is: Is there anything I need to do to restore the configuration to a two-piece seat? Is there anything I need to add to increase the height, or is it just a question of installing the new seat?

Thanks in advance!

-Tim
Attachments
image.jpeg
-Tim, Former Winger now 2009 BMW 1200 RT
guest2360

Re: Newbie - Low seat question

Post by guest2360 »

Unless you got a bag of bits with the bike you are missing the front height adjustment bar and the plastic blocks that the single front seat sits in.  And yes that's the much acclaimed comfort seat which is just a little higher than the low seat, 5mm.
timjoebob

Post by timjoebob »

RTMan, where can I get the parts needed to restore it to a standard seat, in the event I'm not comfortable and want to buy an aftermarket seat?
-Tim, Former Winger now 2009 BMW 1200 RT
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

RTMan, where can I get the parts needed to restore it to a standard seat, in the event I'm not comfortable and want to buy an aftermarket seat?
Go to a dealer.  He will show you what's missing.  Should be just 2 blocks with bolts, and an adjustment bar and 2 rubber straps. Look in RealOEM.com.