Confession...

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Ventura

Re: Confession...

Post by Ventura »

I think you hit the nail.... The efficiency of stopping is superb ... May be that's my problem... ::) I am not used to a sharp and immediate stop...??
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

It might also to do with where you come from:-), my previous bike was a K1600GT and when I stop on the R1200RT it feels positively balanced and light:-) Both bikes have great brakes...  Coming from a lower centre of gravity bike it could be it just feels a lot higher up than it is...  Peter
mbro

Post by mbro »

The RT brakes are solid and sharp, but perhaps there's another question to be asking.  How do your tires look, how old are they, and what kind of shape are they in?  I had an older front tire that was starting to cup, and over even slight undulations in the pavement, the front end would want to track left or right, depending on the pavement and tire cupping.  Cupping of a tire is usually caused by low tire pressure, and some people indicate heavy trail braking into a corner could also be a factor.  Run the palm of your hand over the front tire's tread surface - if it feels uneven (high and low spots), its likely cupped and this can cause the feeling of a "nervous" front end.  It might be time for some tires...

UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

richardbd wrote: Price will be irrelevant. We will be expected to hand our BMWs in and all start riding Triumphs...
Brilliant  :)) :)) :))