Fender Extender

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Re: Fender Extender

Post by guest2360 »

The fender extender on my 2012 TC was fitted by the supplying BMW Dealer, it hasn't got "BMW" stamped on it.

It wouldn't have.  BMW don't make them or approve any.  Looking at the profile of yours I would think its a Pyramid.
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Casbar wrote: You lot crack me up  :)  You fight your corner to justify your buying decisions.
True, reminds me of "The lady doth protest too much" which as we all know means "that because someone is insisting too much about something, the opposite must be true"
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

RTman10 wrote: The Pyramid one might be inexpensive but it's not a tatty item.  It's a perfect fit and match and doesn't resemble a shovel attached to the bike.  No chips on the engine after 2 years says it works.  Cost me £12 and 20 minutes work.

That looks sharp, RTMan, I am ordering the same thing for my bike, about $34 online US price.  Who cares about a drilling a couple holes in the plastic fender, I don't see how that diminishes the value of the bike.
BMW MOA #210438
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Guys we are bitching about a fender extender, both do the job, one you drill holes the other you don't. I don't think anyone said drilling holes would devalue your bike. Get a grip, who cares what anyone fits to their own bike. Make your own decision its your bike.
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

RTman10 wrote: The Pyramid one might be inexpensive but it's not a tatty item.  It's a perfect fit and match and doesn't resemble a shovel attached to the bike.  No chips on the engine after 2 years says it works.  Cost me £12 and 20 minutes work.

RTMan - I received my Fenda Extenda in the mail today.  Curious if you removed the factory fender during the installation process, per the instructions, or leave attached?  I wasn't sure if I can get the fender off without removing the front tire, did not want to go to all that hassle.  tia, Tim
BMW MOA #210438
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

No left it on.  Just put a piece of wood between it and the tyre when you drill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

RTman10 wrote: No left it on. Just put a piece of wood between it and the tyre when you drill.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same here
Works like a charm
I actually used a couple small screws with acorn nuts on inside, magic marker made the screw heads match extender in color
Nothing wrong with machine art Moto product, pyramid was cheaper and works as well👍
Jim