Going to buy

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Re: Going to buy

Post by guest2360 »

Anything pre 2014 is no good for your bike.  Why not visit your dealer and ask if you can just try the BMW low seat.  I'm sure you would get some discount on it.  I have one and it's a whole lot lower than the standard seat.
bradrcfii

Re: Going to buy GPS NAV 5

Post by bradrcfii »

It was mentioned the the NAV 5 integrates to the bike's info bus and engine information may be available on the GPS screen.  I have not been able to locate this functionality and look for a clue as to where to look.

Thanks,

Brad
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You won't find it.  It's only available with the GS and I think the new RS. Some of the info it gives we already get having a much advances form of dash. Don't ask me what though.
johnesherman

Re: Going to buy GPS NAV 5

Post by johnesherman »

bradrcfii wrote: It was mentioned the the NAV 5 integrates to the bike's info bus and engine information may be available on the GPS screen.  I have not been able to locate this functionality and look for a clue as to where to look.

I think there exists a data presentation difference between BMW bike models and display ability of the BMW Garmin Navigator V display; for example, my 2016 pre-wired R120RT GPS Navigator V, I don't find all the bike internal data stuff as show with the Nav V review article (see link). Like other BMW bike options, it would be helpful to have better product information related to bike models, years, and usable features.

http://globeriders.com/article_pages/article07_gps/article07_nav5.shtml
John Sherman R1200RT Tacoma WA USA
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

All the blurb I have read on the Nav V clearly states the bike data is only available when it's on a GS/GSA. The guy who wrote the review obviously didn't do his research very well.