BKS Leather Trousers

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

BKS Leather Trousers

Post by Casbar »

Was wondering if anyone has any BKS police style leather trousers and if they are any good. I know a lot of Forces use BKS but was looking for some real world views. My leather trousers are about to expire and  I wanted another set for the Blood Biking. Trying to decide on a pair of BKS or a good textile. But I have always worn leather trousers and a textile jacket.
TJRL
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Re: BKS Leather Trousers

Post by TJRL »

My 2 piece BKS suit was a made to measure one back in 1993 (When I purchased my first BMW bike!) and it has the "police" trousers. I think my BKS suit is as good as leathers can be and I would buy another without question if I needed to.

However Like all leathers (that fit properly( it takes a bit of getting into so I use a textile suit for normal every day use. So to answer the question, Yes BKS trousers are very, very good. 
2020 R1250RT, 2021 Triton ST-125, 1960 SII Land Rover.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Thanks, maybe I'll stick with my current leather pants and go for a decent textile trouser for winter use  8)
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

Mrs Cly bought some BKS Trousers in the spring, very good quality, and just this weekend as bought a jacket to match. 😊
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

DaveCly wrote: Mrs Cly bought some BKS Trousers in the spring, very good quality, and just this weekend as bought a jacket to match. 😊

There are two BKS leathers out there, the one from the Frank Thomas and another well known biker retailer and the ones from BKS Made to Measure in Exmouth. The leathers from Exmouth are major expensive, a pair of pants are £680 and made to measure. Brian who started BKS only makes stuff from his own factory now and not the otters leathers branded BKS, which apparently are made to his style but not by him
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

In that case they are the 'others' then, but no complaints on Quality, fit, are Price 👍