My car won't start

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Maz12

Re: My car won't start

Post by Maz12 »

Nice looking car,  what've you got hidden under the cover?
Tell me to keep my nose out 😀
Oscar Nelsen

Post by Oscar Nelsen »

The other 2 are again nothing special, but kind of rare due to their age.  97 Ford Probe GT & 89 GMC Suburban.
2016 RT
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

Good stable!
Oscar Nelsen

Post by Oscar Nelsen »

Y'all are gonna love this.  I got bad news, more bad news and really bad news.

Just discovered that the 97 Ford Probe parked on the other side of the RT has the same fob malfunction.  Thought the battrees might be dead, stopped on the way to the store and the fob worked.  It worked at the store, but when I got home, both of the Ford fobs did not work.  Not going to contact FoMoCo as their first question will probably be, "What's a Probe?".

Cadi and BMW responded by saying essentially nothing, but bring the car and/or the bike into the shop.  Told them the shops already said they had no clue, but neither manufacturer would provide any help.  I am going to try calling BMW.

3 days after I posted the pictures of the Cadi here, it was rear ended hard enough to knock my wife's glasses off, then catapulted her car into the car in front.  She's ok, but the estimate is $5000 and that's if they only replace the mufflers and all the other work.  Cadi sells the exhaust system as one piece from the headers back for an additional $2000 on top of the 5K.  Insurance tried to get me to take it to Zulch Auto Works, but I took it to the only authorized McLaren body shop in AZ.  Figured they might have the proper skill set.  There were 3 in there yesterday and they had to move a 650S.  What a sound!
Attachments
Keester.jpg
IMG_0200.jpg
Keester.jpg
IMG_0200.jpg
2016 RT
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

Oscar
Starting to think something electrical in garage is causing the issue, I could conger up all kinds of funny antidotes for this problem
If possible shut off all power in garage, if problem should go away, I would unplug everything in garage, turn power back on and see if they start, process of elimination may find culprit
Keep us posted
Jim
Oscar Nelsen

Post by Oscar Nelsen »

No garage, carport.  Only electrical equipment is an old CD/FM radio.  When the bike is not in the carport, the car fob's work.
2016 RT
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

I used to have a Probe - it was a great car. Everyone loved the popup lights!