General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Twin Cam swap for LC

Post by DaveCly »

Well I've decided to make the swap, hope I'm not going to regret it! Loved the TC, and with a 3k Europe tour on it this summer and it never missed a beat, it's a reluctant swap, however reading the forum and comments from you guys re- the LC the deal is done!
I'm sure engine wise the LC should be a better bike, but I do find the LC a bit more meccano looking! Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that! 👍
guest2360

Re: Twin Cam swap for LC

Post by guest2360 »

There is one item on the LC which is definitely not as good as the TC.  The pillion footrests.  The LC has K1600 panniers and the are bigger lengthwise.  This makes the pillion footrests much closer to them.  Haven't figured out if the bracket also puts them furth back.  The result is it's impossible for the pillion to get the ball of their foot on the pegs when they want to get off making dismounting much more difficult. 
DaveCly
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

I'll not mention the foot pegs to Mrs Cly then just yet, and see if she complains.
Anybody know if the pannier liners from the TC will fit in the LC panniers, I'm hoping the liners will be ok, however I'll need a new tank bag!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

If you have the type which are quite stiff with a zip down the middle, I could never get them to fit. I have the type before them with a zip,opening on both sides.  The proper ones are a perfect fit but a bit pricey They have been made since 2011 for the K1600 so there should be some out there second hand.
Last edited by guest2360 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveCly
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

Thanks RTMan, not just the news I wanted 😊 Has they have the zip down the middle!