Comfort Seat

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
guest3074

Comfort Seat

Post by guest3074 »

I know what suits one may not suit another, but on my 2010 RT I had the BMW comfort seat which worked for me  :)

BMW no longer do this for the water cooled RT's so I've been looking for something similar and found that Corbin do one, a snip at only £780  :o

guest2360

Re: Comfort Seat

Post by guest2360 »

I had a Corbin riders seat for an 1150 once.  The build quality was terrible and it weighed a ton.  The OEM comfort seat though for the 1200 I found extremely comfortable if a little higher than the low seat and being a bench isn't adjustable.
Richwill

Post by Richwill »

I have an '09 with a stock seat.  I have a line on a used heated BMW Comfort seat (single piece) and wondered if anyone had experience with one of these for a decent length of time?  (Does anyone know if there was a reg. & a low version of these and if so, and how can you tell which is which?

Thanks.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I had the same bike with a low seat.  I fitted the comfort seat which is as it says is comfortable.  It only comes in one height and is not adjustable once fitted. 775mm me thinks.  All are heated.
Richwill

Post by Richwill »

Thanks RTman......did you have a pillion with the Comfort seat and, if so, Do you recall their comments?  At least 50% of this pursuit for me, is to gain comfort for my wife.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

According to my other half the pillion part is far superior to the original.  Its a little wider and more rounded. Heat switch is also in a better position.
Tango

Post by Tango »

Well the BMW comfort seat sure looks the part  8)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Corbin at twice the price of what BMW ask for the old one.  Ridiculous. 
TJRL
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by TJRL »

RTman10 wrote: Corbin at twice the price of what BMW ask for the old one. Ridiculous.
Not to mention that the Corbin seat adds another key to your key-ring and they do not supply the correct OEM connectors for the heated seat version, despite knowing that cutting into the BMW loom (as per their instructions) will invalidate your bike's warranty!! >:(
Oh yes - I have suffered from some of Corbin's legendary poor customer service in the past! (Did like the Smuggler's Trunk on the old R1200RT though)
2020 R1250RT, 2021 Triton ST-125, 1960 SII Land Rover.
guest3075

Post by guest3075 »

I had my 2014 tall seat re-worked by Tony Archer, much cheaper and a classic British worker.

mcwhirtj

Post by mcwhirtj »

TJRL wrote: Not to mention that the Corbin seat adds another key to your key-ring and they do not supply the correct OEM connectors for the heated seat version, despite knowing that cutting into the BMW loom (as per their instructions) will invalidate your bike's warranty!! >:(
Oh yes - I have suffered from some of Corbin's legendary poor customer service in the past! (Did like the Smuggler's Trunk on the old R1200RT though)
+1 on the smuggler.  Expensive, but great accessory.  Previous owner hag purchased it, which is great because I probably would not have plucked down that much for it, with no prior experience.  But having it now, I would buy it if available on my next RT.
Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

If BMW can make a comfort seat, why aren't all their seats made this way, or perhaps you could order a discomfort seat ! ^-^
falconmick

Post by falconmick »

I have just taken a spare riders section for my 2012 to Motorcycle Seat Works, Bradford (  http://motorcycleseatworks.co.uk/  ) to have some more forgiving foam to replace stock foam. He does a lot of work for BMW main dealers, in fact Allan Jeffries guy was there same time as me. He works out of a large 'shed' in his garden and does not always get to the phone, but leave a message and he'll get back to you.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Benchmark wrote: I know what suits one may not suit another, but on my 2010 RT I had the BMW comfort seat which worked for me  :)

BMW no longer do this for the water cooled RT's so I've been looking for something similar and found that Corbin do one, a snip at only £780  :o

ImageI still have my comfort seat,  wish I could convert it to fit my RTLC
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

They sell very well on EBay.