Alarm connector on '09 RT

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
motorefrob

Alarm connector on '09 RT

Post by motorefrob »

I heard even though I don't have an alarm system on my '09 RT I have an alarm connector.  Is this the alarm connector under my seat, cable tied to the frame, at the rear of the moto?  It has five wires.  I want to tap into the green/white wire which is supposedly a switched power source.  Can anyone confirm?  I want to use the switched power source for a newly installed fuse box (w/ relay) and also for the Hyperlites I want to install.  Thanks
Attachments
Alarm Connector2.jpg
Ron2012

Re: Alarm connector on '09 RT

Post by Ron2012 »

That looks like the alarm connector with the switched power I used on my 2012 RT. Here is some good information from Skene designs that I followed: http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/R1200RT.shtml
Ron
Ron
motorefrob

Post by motorefrob »

Ron2012 wrote: That looks like the alarm connector with the switched power I used on my 2012 RT. Here is some good information from Skene designs that I followed: http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/R1200RT.shtml
Ron

Thanks Ron.  I already printed out the Skene P3 install even though I'm installing the Hyperlites.  That's what made me look for the Alarm Connector.  I also just bought the Centech AP-2 fuse block and AP-130 wiring harness.  That way I'll be able to have switched and unswitched fused circuits for add-ons.  After the Hyperlite install I'm going to install some Clearwater LED lights on the fork.  At least I'll have additional add-on capability in the future. 
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The OEM alarm is located under the rear rack and the connection for it is also in there.
Can't tell from your photo where the plug is but to me it looks like the plug for diagnostic  testing.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

How to locate the Diagnostic connector on your BMW motorcycle,
http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-91 ... motorcycle

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Not what I thought it was then.  Can you see where your alarm is connected.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

"Locate the alarm connector under the passenger seat.
If you do not have an alarm system fitted to your bike, this connector is taped to the frame, otherwise it is plugged into the alarm module."

motorefrob

Post by motorefrob »

RTman10 wrote: The OEM alarm is located under the rear rack and the connection for it is also in there.
Can't tell from your photo where the plug is but to me it looks like the plug for diagnostic  testing.

DaygloDavid got it right below.  The alarm connector is under the passenger seat, port side.  Thanks