BMW Insurance in UK

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
axamax
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2012
Great Britain

BMW Insurance in UK

Post by axamax »

Has anyone had any problems with BMW Insurance UK. They've come up with a decent quote but how do they treat you if things go wrong?
stayingupright

Re: BMW Insurance in UK

Post by stayingupright »

I had a great first years quote on a dealer bought 800GS but then managed to find it cheaper every other year.

Same as every other insurance company really!!
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
step2534

Post by step2534 »

I was with BMW Insurance for about 15 yrs, always a competitive price.  Two yrs ago for some reason the price went up by about £90.  They wouldn't shift so I went to Cornmarket and I now pay £137, thats for a 2011 RT1200.

Arent BMW Insurance part of Devitt?? 

I had 2 claims both non blameworthy and I must admit there was no hassle, they were damage only and the bike was sorted very quickly, picked up and delivered back.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Been with them for many years.  Not the cheapest but when people need to make a claim the repairs are always by a BMW workshop and you get none of the (Approved workshop) hassle.  Devitt are the agents for them.
axamax
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2012
Great Britain

Post by axamax »

RTman10 wrote: when people need to make a claim the repairs are always by a BMW workshop and you get none of the (Approved workshop) hassle.
That's one of the main bits I wanted to know. I had to claim through Bennetts a couple of years ago after someone knocked over my Honda and drove off. . When I wouldn't use their repair agent, whom I'd heard bad things about, they told me I'd have to deal with the insurance company and put the phone down on me.