Suggestions for gloves

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Methos1979

Re: Suggestions for gloves

Post by Methos1979 »

RTman10 wrote: My choice would be.
OEM Cylinder protectors and the OEM rubber pannier protectors.  Both will stop the paintwork touching in  drop but won't ruin the look of the bike.  If you go to the BMW website and pull up the RT under Accessories there is a picture of the cylinder protectors but not the pannier kit.  They are quite substantial though.  Your other option is to cover the bike in after market scaffolding.  That could be considered a criminal offence though.  Can't believe your salesman didn't know what you were on about. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you (or anyone) have photos of a bike with the BMW OEM pannier rubber protectors?
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

Methos1979 wrote: Do you (or anyone) have photos of a bike with the BMW OEM pannier rubber protectors?
These could be them

http://www.bmw-motorrad-store.co.uk/pro ... -side.html

http://www.bmw-motorrad-store.co.uk/pro ... -side.html
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Not the ones, they are pre 2014.  The new ones are larger at the bottom but also have a front top section that attach to the pannier lid below but proud of the painted panel. 
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

There is a picture of the protectors in Real OEM.  Not a very clear one but you get the idea.  Their Part Numbers are 77 42 7 700 461 and 2 left and right.
Attachments
image.png
Last edited by guest2360 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Here is my line-up.  I usually ride unless there is white on the ground or a good chance that it will be white or icy.

Summer BMW AirFlow (Dry Days & 20°+)
Summer BMW Pro Summer (Wet Days / 15°+)

Mid Season Revit Summit H20 (5°-15/20°)

Winter BMW ProWinter (Old model 5°-) 

When I come to replace the ProWinter, I will first check the BMW Stable, as they have released a new ProWinter (Hopefully better than the one my model was replaced with.)

Bets regards
Sleuth
Best regards, Sleuth
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

stayingupright wrote: The Pro Summers look exactly like what I am after ... And not a bad price either.
Should not be too many questions left now as I have been buying a lot of kit this week. Got a new CF helmet, boots (thanks to recommendations on here),Nav 5 & Sena 20s.
My new motto is "you only live once"
Just picked up two pairs of pro summer gloves for myself and Mrs C this afternoon at Williams Manchester, up to 50% of clothing this weekend, new showroom being built from Monday 😄👍
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

I am going to check out the pricing for the gloves when I pick up the bike tomorrow.

There is a chap selling them on eBay for £74 inc p&p
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
GuzziRick

Post by GuzziRick »

Hope you enjoy your new bike, will keep my eyes open for it around Surrey!
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

One form of scuff protector I'd recommend was really cheap and cheerful.  I bought a pack of aircraft film samples on flea bay for a few quid.  They are about 8in by 5in.  Originally they were to protect the frame of my pushbike from getting chipped on the bike rack at work, but they soon found their way onto the old 13GT, for example where my knees touched the back of the fairing.  Stuck some on the leading edge of the girder forks too.  Seemed to work well.  None on the RT yet because I've lost them :(