Not yet an owner

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Vstark

Re: Not yet an owner

Post by Vstark »

Well, I sat on a 2013 RT, and i was on tip toe, not toes.  And it had the lower seat. I guess I am not heavy enough to make any difference. Kinda disappointing.  :(
Vstark

Post by Vstark »

I did it! I found a factory lowered 2009 RT and bought it last Sunday. I am on tip toes, but I just ordered a pair of Daytona Lady Pilot boots to give me 2 more inches. I am one happy girl. Plus, my husband liked my bike so much he bid on a 2008 RT and won! Bye-bye Yamahas :-)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Well done.  Seem to remember they don't have ESA (Electric Suspension Adjustment.)  You might loose a little more height by checking that the Pre load adjustment isn't wound up high.
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

Welcome. Brilliant Bikes.
Vstark

Post by Vstark »

RTman, I've read the manuel (while sitting on the bike in the garage) and checked this right away.  Can't wait till boots get here, we are taking a trip up to Oregon next month. So excited!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That's a first for this forum.  Reading the manual.
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

Vstark wrote: RTman, I've read the manuel (while sitting on the bike in the garage) and checked this right away.  Can't wait till boots get here, we are taking a trip up to Oregon next month. So excited!

Oregon has some amazing roads for touring, what parts are you headed toward?
BMW MOA #210438
Vstark

Post by Vstark »

Heading up the coast to Portlamd. Will be mapping the route tomorrow, exploring new territories.
timminator

Post by timminator »

Vstark wrote: Heading up the coast to Portlamd. Will be mapping the route tomorrow, exploring new territories.

I live in Portland (suburbs), pretty familiar with the coastal routes out here.  PM me if you need any route tips.
BMW MOA #210438
Vstark

Post by Vstark »

Thanks, and because I am directionally challenged, I will pass on to my husband. Appreciate it!
timminator

Post by timminator »

Vstark wrote: Thanks, and because I am directionally challenged, I will pass on to my husband. Appreciate it!

Sounds good!
BMW MOA #210438
step2534

Post by step2534 »

Vstark,  you can always get the seat sculptured a little, that might help, even on the low seat there is still a little to take off, wouldn't be too expensive either
scunny1

Post by scunny1 »

Vstark, my Sister in Law lives in Sheridan Oregon but is currently visiting us in England. She rides pillion on friends Harleys at home, but is blown away by the looks and performance of my RT LC. She likes our bendy roads but misses her local mountain roads too.
scunny1  R1200RT LE 2015
Vstark

Post by Vstark »

Step2534, I have the xtra low seat, nothing to skim off unfortunately. Thx for the idea tho.
Vstark

Post by Vstark »

Scunny1, suggest you don't let her take the training or her garage may fill up with motorcycles! I rode pillion for 15 years and my friend asked me to go to the BRC with her, and that was the end of pillion sitting for me.