Dealers

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Boroboystu

Dealers

Post by Boroboystu »

I live in Stockton on tees
I am looking for a BMW dealer that gives good service I will travel in the region of 75 miles , there is one whithin about thirty miles but not the best reputation so if anyone has had good customer service please let me know

Stuart
guest3074

Re: Dealers

Post by guest3074 »

Alan Jefferies Baildon  http://www.bmwbikes.co.uk/  69miles 1H 30mins
Rainbow Rotherham http://www.rainbow.co.uk/ 98 miles 1H 43mins

I've used both and perfectly happy with both  :)
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Plus 1 for Alan Jefferies
Boroboystu

Post by Boroboystu »

I tried Allen Jeffies a few months ago , I telephoned them twice , on each occasion they promised to telephone me back as they were too busy to deal with my call straight away
Well I am still waiting for that call ! Maybe they will ring tomorrow !! Lol
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Did you tell them you didn't want to buy until next May. Maybe that's the reason. .
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Boroboystu wrote:I am looking for a BMW dealer that gives good service.
Are you looking for sales, aftersales or both.
Boroboystu

Post by Boroboystu »

I didn't tell them anything apart that I was interested in purchasing a new motorbike , if they can't be bothered to call me back that's there loss , but I won't be parting with the best part of 20k with them ! I run a business and always make sure that my customers are well looked after , maybe I am just expecting too much , maybe. all BMW motorcycle dealers are crap , I've always had Hondas , and I've always had good service from the dealerships
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

BMW dealers get a huge number of browsers. Most buyers would have done their homework on what bike they want a long time before contacting a dealer. I would say that most will contact a dealer and tell them exactly what they want .  Those that don't know will visit and ask for advice face to face.  If you haven't already try a visit before deciding they may all be crap.  Alternatively buy another Honda.
Boroboystu

Post by Boroboystu »

Yes maybe I will buy another Honda
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Boroboystu wrote: I didn't tell them anything apart that I was interested in purchasing a new motorbike , if they can't be bothered to call me back that's there loss , but I won't be parting with the best part of 20k with them ! I run a business and always make sure that my customers are well looked after , maybe I am just expecting too much , maybe. all BMW motorcycle dealers are crap , I've always had Hondas , and I've always had good service from the dealerships

It's sounds as if you have developed a perfect lose-lose relationship. Definitely your loss as well as theirs.

Honda's are great bikes - indeed my other bike is a Honda. By the way, I get great service from the Ducati dealership that services it.
John Bentall
Boroboystu

Post by Boroboystu »

I've only telephoned one dealership ! They couldn't be bothered be bothered to get to me , are you saying they are all like that ? I have a triumph and two Hondas and the service I get from the dealerships is exceptional, maybe I am expecting too much from BMW ?
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

I suspect that the only way that will work for you is to get through to the dealer principal and explain your predicament.
John Bentall
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Ring Cooper Sunderland on 0191 519 4455, ask to speak to "Steve" in Motorcycle Sales. Tell Steve what you have told us. I'm sure you will be "looked after".
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I was at Cooper Sunderland earlier this week having my RT serviced.

While I was there, I made the mistake of speaking to Paul Gray (Sales Manager). I asked for an idea of what my bike would be worth as a part ex. He came out with a load of crap about which bike did I want & when. He couldn't/wouldn't give me an idea without any commitment from myself. Funny way of going on. I walked away & said I won't be buying a bike from you.

Steve Brown was a "different kettle of fish", he spent time showing me around the GS loan bike. I asked him the same question, he said he would get back to me with a price. Although not very accurate, still dependant on what I may purchase, but at least he did something.

2 years ago at Allan Jefferies, I asked the same question on a 2010 RT against a new LC. The salesman said my bike had a value irrespective of what I purchased, new or used. He got the price guide out in front of me & gave me a value there & then. After test riding the LC, went back & bought a used 2012 TC with the part ex. price given against a new LC.

If I was wanting to buy a new bike, I'd probably go to Barrie Robson at York & deal with Kevin. I've bought 3 RT's over the years, from Cooper Sunderland, Barrie Robson at York & Allan Jefferies. The best experience was at Barrie Robson, I prefer the smaller dealership & personal service from one person, not being passed around from one department to another like in Cooper & Allan Jefferies.
Last edited by David. on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

When it comes to aftersales (servicing),  I've had some poor experiences at Cooper Sunderland. However, after having to speak to the aftersales manager, I now have contact with Tony in the workshop, he is their most experienced guy. We spoke together, both before & after the bike was serviced for feedback each way. I don't just want to hand my keys to some bird on reception, walk away & return just to pay the bill.

Never had a bike serviced at Allan Jefferies, but IMO, it's too big a dealership for the personal touch.

At Barrie Robson, Kevin sold me the bike, sorted out parts/accessories & arranged the servicing with Martin in the workshop. Martin is also very approachable with any workshop related questions. With his help, in their workshop, I fitted a GPS mount etc. How many other dealers would let you anywhere near the workshops.