Comfort seat.

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Cas21

Comfort seat.

Post by Cas21 »

lots of talk about comfort seats being wider and making it harder to get the feet down but,
Is the bmw comfort seat actually worth buying over the existing? At 300 miles, I get the numb bum syndrome but think it is because of the narrowness of the existing seat (2013)
Views appreciated
guest2360

Re: Comfort seat.

Post by guest2360 »

On my 09 I originally had the low seat.  I swapped to the comfort seat even though it was 5mm higher.  This wasnt noticeable but the seat was a vast improvement even more so for the pillion. Its very well made.  I sold it on in 2011 and the present owner has just taken it off his bike as he is about to swap bikes.  Its still looks new. 
GuzziRick

Re: Comfort seat.

Post by GuzziRick »

Just got home from a 600 mile weekend round trip after fitting my comfort seat on my 2010 RT on Friday! (Bought from eBay thanks RTman10). Done the same trip about 10 times since March and always needed a leg strech after 120-130 miles to get feeling back! This time only stopped for fuel and could have easily kept going! Really pleased with the seat, nice bit of back support. Looks and feels like new.