Keyless ride

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Jim

Re: Keyless ride

Post by Jim »

Can confirm that with the alarm set to auto when you kill the engine the alarm sets and when you push the ignition button to start up the alarm switches it's self off. The central locking will work with the handlebar button ignition on or off, as long as the fob is within range.  ;)
JustKrusen

Post by JustKrusen »

RTman10 wrote: Good for you.  Your alarm must be very sensitive to go off when you just press the bar button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I meant actually opening and closing the bags while the alarm is set.
Ed Kruse  2016 R1200RT Naples FL
JustKrusen

Post by JustKrusen »

Jim wrote: Can confirm that with the alarm set to auto when you kill the engine the alarm sets and when you push the ignition button to start up the alarm switches it's self off.
Yes it does.  No need to ever touch my FOB.
Ed Kruse  2016 R1200RT Naples FL
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Just goes to show, things move on.  Then again on mine that didn't  they gave me two fods as well as a plastic key to make up.
Last edited by guest2360 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masq85

Post by Masq85 »

Boroboystu wrote: Why would you be searching around for keys ? As they would be in the ignition?

Not sure about you, but I tend to take the keys out when I park my bike . . .
Masq85

Post by Masq85 »

JustKrusen wrote: Yes it does.  No need to ever touch my FOB.
Also, as long as you're next to the bike with the fob on you, the alarm auto switches off.  No need to press the starter to turn the alarm off to move the bike around.  Although having said that, I vaguely remember the bike getting upset if I walk straight up and open the top box from behind - must be just out of the sensor range.
TJRL
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by TJRL »

TJRL wrote: I have the keyless option on my 2015 bike, but wish I didn't!
Looking at the options list in the UK you cannot have a full spec'd bike without keyless unless you are prepared to pay a lot extra! This is because the keyless option is include in the price of the LE model.
Well that may have been the case on 30th Sept when I look it up on the BMW website, but now it is not!! Or I am just useless at looking things up. Anyway if I was ordering an RT today I would not be wasting my £250 on the keyless option, in fact I would pay £350 to get it removed from my current bike!!
2020 R1250RT, 2021 Triton ST-125, 1960 SII Land Rover.