Well, nuts - Schuberth and Sena link up

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
carpedatum

Well, nuts - Schuberth and Sena link up

Post by carpedatum »

My C3 Pro is brand new and the Sena 20s on it is not that old, and now...

http://www.sportrider.com/schuberth-and-sena-partner-to-improve-helmet-and-communication-technology

... that rig will be nicely obsolete.  Anybody on here going to [size=14px]INTERMOT?[/size]
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Well, nuts - Schuberth and Sena link up

Post by Casbar »

Don't Schuberth already offer a collar for the C3 Pro with integrated comms, this is currently made by Cardo Scala, so guess they are changing comms suppliers.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Cardo, Sena are they not the same manufacturer.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Cardo, Sena are they not the same manufacturer.

No biggest rivals, Sena make the SMH and Cardo make the Scala rider series. Until recently Sena wouldn't work with Scala, but apparently the latest models do.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Right.  Just went into the Cardo site and they advertise both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Which site, because its not shown in their product range http://cardosystems.com

They don't even work well together. They have been competitors for years.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

I do not understand why the C3 Pro will be obsolete.

The fact is that if you buy a Schuberth M1, it will have a proprietary electrical contact interface that only allows the fitment of a Sena comms system. In fact Sena can afford to give Schuberth the speakers for little or nothing, because they know for certain that they will be able to recoup the cost by selling an expensive comms system.

If you don't like Sena because all your buddies have Cardo, Interphone etc, then you buy a C3 Pro.

I'm sure that the new helmet will be popular with all those whose find speaker and microphone placement challenging.
John Bentall
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Your right.  Me getting Scala and Sena mixed up.  But you know how much I like Bluetooth crap which is forever changing because the last lot didn't work quite right but the next version will be perfect.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Your right.  Me getting Scala and Sena mixed up.  But you know how much I like Bluetooth crap which is forever changing because the last lot didn't work quite right but the next version will be perfect.

lol  8)  wires never go out of fashion.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

lol  8)  wires never go out of fashion.

Very happy to live with a single wire as long as it's not one with a mains charger on the end.
carpedatum

Post by carpedatum »

beemerboy9 wrote: I do not understand why the C3 Pro will be obsolete.

The fact is that if you buy a Schuberth M1, it will have a proprietary electrical contact interface that only allows the fitment of a Sena comms system. In fact Sena can afford to give Schuberth the speakers for little or nothing, because they know for certain that they will be able to recoup the cost by selling an expensive comms system.

If you don't like Sena because all your buddies have Cardo, Interphone etc, then you buy a C3 Pro.

I'm sure that the new helmet will be popular with all those whose find speaker and microphone placement challenging.

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I use a C3 Pro with the Sena system because I do prefer the Sena over the Cardo-made Shuberth SRC system, even though today the Sena has to hang off the side of the helmet.  It didn't seem to me that the SRC firmware was being maintained, and the Sena seems more flexible, easier to use, IMO. 

The C3 Pro will be obsolete because of the introduction of the C4, which wasn't announced until after the show opened, but which seemed inevitable to me from that press release.  So, now I'll be lusting after a C4 with whatever Sena is selling alongside it.  I am hopeful that this might also include their recently-introduced noise cancellation technology, but we'll see!
GuzziRick

Post by GuzziRick »

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

New C4.  System 6 Evo clone.  Vents , visor and shade slide all the same.  Bet the price won't be.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: New C4.  System 6 Evo clone.  Vents , visor and shade slide all the same.  Bet the price won't be.

Think it might be the other way around, as apparently Schuberth make the BMW system helmet.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

They are made in the same factory but it's a misconception that BMW helmets are copies.  If anything it's the other way round and this C4 proves it as it has the features  of the EVO which  has now been out about 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk