Well, nuts - Schuberth and Sena link up

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
guest2360

Re: Well, nuts - Schuberth and Sena link up

Post by guest2360 »

System is the way BMW describe a flip as they were the first ones to produce them with the System 1.  Chin piece is removable as it was on the System 4 and 5.  It is apparently ultra light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Casbar wrote:
Stay ahead of what? BMW make a good product, but if anyone thinks they are ahead of anything or the leader, in things such as helmet design, or clothing is madness. There are as good and superior products from other manufacturers.

Ah - but the others don't say BMW on them...
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

A good example of BMW following other manufacturers is Rukka.  They came out some time ago with a jacket that had a gortex laminate finish which means it does not absorb water in its outer layer.  Jacket stays nearly dry and you stay warmer. 
But  about a year before BMW came out with the Tourguard/Streatguard  range using the same material.  This was developed by Schoeller and Goretex for BMW but was not available to other manufacturers for the first year of production.  Rukka still seem to use it, BMW have moved in.
Last edited by guest2360 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: A good example of BMW following other manufacturers is Rukka.  They came out some time ago with a jacket that had a gortex laminate finish which means it does not absorb water in its outer layer.  Jacket stays nearly dry and you stay warmer. 
But  about a year before BMW came out with the Tourguard/Streatguard  range using the same material.  This was developed by Schoeller and Goretex for BMW but was not available to other manufacturers for the first year of production.  Rukka still seem to use it, BMW have moved in.

Agreed, but the BMW Streetguard has been known to leak, also confirmed by my local dealer when I was looking for a suit last month. BMW suit comes with a 2 year warranty. The Rukka suit I have just bought comes with a 6 year warranty and is a top piece of kit. Rukka also use different material for different suits depending o the price point. The highest cost suit has all the bells and whistles.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I heard about a batch that had a problem round the arms.  All would have been replaced.  I have a pair of Streetguard trousers and a Tourguard jacket both from 2002.  Both still like new after something like 80000 miles.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Think its the Streetguard 4 that had some issues. But once it gets out that they leaked, then it puts people off. For the price, the top Rukka suit wasn't that much different to the Streetguard and has a 6 year warranty and replacement kit service if you do have problems.