Brake Failure Dash Light

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest3954

Brake Failure Dash Light

Post by guest3954 »

Just what you need on the High Plains of Aragon. Started the R-T this morning ecu went thru it's checks then as we set off ABS warning triangle went out but brake Failure light stayed on. Two up & full luggage & everywhere within range closed for the weekend. Tested brakes on a short run - all good. Called supplying UK dealer - said no worries - happens all the time. So 750 miles further on all good, apart from the light. They said just run it into their service department when I get back to UK. It's only a loose collection. Anyone experienced the same? Thanks in advance.
TCM

Re: Brake Failure Dash Light

Post by TCM »

I had the same problem and rode 1600 miles with no problems apart from no ABS . The bike is in the workshop now so I'm not sure what caused it yet.
If it's not broken,you didn't hit it hard enough!
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

Thanks for your reply. When you get to know the fault can you let me know. I be back in UK next week. Then I'll run it to workshop.
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

Update. After returning to the UK with no problems. Cleaned the bike thoroughly including Brake Sensors. Problem disappeared immediately. Spoke to Dealership (who were about to collect) and they said it can be a problem if the sensors get dirty. Conclusion - dirty sensors. Happy days.  :)