Component Warranty Surprise

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Re: Component Warranty Surprise

Post by Steve F »

Mike wrote: I guess corrosion wouldn't be covered under used bike warranty?

Generally speaking, no. However, like all these things, if you have a good rapport with a dealer who knows your bike's history, then they might possible take a more considered view.....maybe I stress!
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

RTman10 wrote: Surely customer contribution only happens if an item is replaced after the two year warranty has run out and the item is a goodwill replacement.  You can't offer to make a contribution within the 2 year period to extend the items cover beyond the 2 year point.
RTman10,
I should've been more specific in that post. When the second FD hub was installed , the OEM warranty had expired and I had the BMW Insured Warranty valid on my bike thereafter. Admittedly, it wasn't a claim made against that warranty, it's just that the dealer did openly factor that point in when considering the goodwill, i.e. that the owner (me) is actively looking after his otherwise clean bike and enhances it with the Insured warranty.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I understood, thats why I relayed my experience with the exhaust. Because they asked to contribute, its covered by warranty for two years, if they had replaced and I hadn't contributed, it wouldn't have a warranty.