BMW Communicator

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: BMW Communicator

Post by richardbd »

Casbar wrote:
Didn't pay anywhere near £600 for my Nav V, my dealer was doing a deal :)

So was mine - it was free.  Still don't like it though!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Wow.  On your third free one in two years and all the time it's the Mac at fault.  Don't tell them. 
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Wow.  On your third free one in two years and all the time it's the Mac at fault.  Don't tell them.

;)
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

richardbd wrote:
Try syncing to a mac...
Maybe you could now sell it without making a loss and get a real PC  ;) :enjoying:

Apple price increases
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Benchmark wrote: Maybe you could now sell it without making a loss and get a real PC  ;) :enjoying:

Apple price increases

Now, there's an idea...
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

richardbd wrote:
Now, there's an idea...

I must be missing something here, i have a Mac Book Air, and have no issues with syncing the Nav V or looking at the sd card and Garmin drive from finder.

What exactly is the issue you have, maybe I'm not doing anything as complicated as you  8)
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Always had trouble just getting the Nav 5 to connect with the macbook air.

The third Nav 5 seems to connect fine.  The first wouldn't work out of the box.  The second failed after six months...
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

richardbd wrote: Always had trouble just getting the Nav 5 to connect with the macbook air.

The third Nav 5 seems to connect fine.  The first wouldn't work out of the box.  The second failed after six months...

Ok, the only time I have had issues is if I had the battery cover off, then it refused to connect.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Got to ask.  When connecting it why would you have the back off.  There is probably a sensor on it to make sure it doesn't work with it off.  The IV had one.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Got to ask.  When connecting it why would you have the back off.  There is probably a sensor on it to make sure it doesn't work with it off.  The IV had one.

Good question. i had just messed around with the sd card as an update said it couldn't find the card, so I was making sure it was seated correctly.
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

I have found that some electronic gadgets are fussy about USB cables, try a different one preferably a thicker looking cable, often makes an active connection. Also USB hubs are not always liked, try something direct to the computer's USB.