Schubert M1 helmet SRC system and RT audio?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
jbbli

Schubert M1 helmet SRC system and RT audio?

Post by jbbli »

Does anyone have experience connecting the SRC BT system that fits to the Schuberth M1 helmet to the RT audio BT?

I'm not trying to fan the embers of a BT flame war, just wondering if there is anyone out there that has successfully done this - my new RT arrives in a couple of weeks and my wife uses the M1 helmet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest2360

Re: Schubert M1 helmet SRC system and RT audio?

Post by guest2360 »

I suspect only one of you will be able to connect to the audio unit.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Yep, its a caro system, the same as I have. Only one can connect to the audio, although with mine I can connect, then share through my bt to my wife bt. But quality isn't great
jbbli

Post by jbbli »

Thanks. Based on what I've read/seen on-line, it sounds like I will be connecting my C3Pro/SRCPro system to bike audio/Nav V and then feeding music to her helmet system from mine as you two suggest. Since she rides with me on maybe 5% of my total time on bike, probably sufficient.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Interestingly, I could never make the SRC system in my C3 connect to the RT reliably, never mind to a pillion!
GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

richardbd wrote: Interestingly, I could never make the SRC system in my C3 connect to the RT reliably, never mind to a pillion!

Maybe Richard you needed some guidance when using Bluetooth system and how best to connect .....be

Hope you've had better luck with the Bird-1 unit.

GJ-MOTO
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

GJ-MOTO wrote:
Maybe Richard you needed some guidance when using Bluetooth system and how best to connect .....be

Hope you've had better luck with the Bird-1 unit.

BIRD-1 turns out to be idiot-proof.

I ditched the Schuberth SRC system - it was an expensive piece of junk - as confirmed by Schubert's switch fro Cardo to Scala.  I still wear the C3 but fitted with an Autocom headset.  For bluetooth (including with the BIRD-1) I have a System 6 Evo and BMW Communicator.  Both work perfectly...
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

richardbd wrote:
BIRD-1 turns out to be idiot-proof.

I ditched the Schuberth SRC system - it was an expensive piece of junk - as confirmed by Schubert's switch fro Cardo to Scala.  I still wear the C3 but fitted with an Autocom headset.  For bluetooth (including with the BIRD-1) I have a System 6 Evo and BMW Communicator.  Both work perfectly...

Cardo and Scala are the same product, Cardo the company Scala the BT range. Think you mean switch to Sena. And funny that you find the Scala kit junk, yet i have been using it for years and have many mates who have the Schuberth system and have no issues. Sticking to wires is probably a good idea along with paper maps.  8)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You say you have no issues with your kit but say the sound quality when sharing music is not great.  I would consider that an issue of some importance.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: You say you have no issues with your kit but say the sound quality when sharing music is not great.  I would consider that an issue of some importance.

I very rarely if ever share or listen to music. I use my BT for nav instructions, answering the odd call and talking to my wife. So works for me. I do have an issue with wires and my starcom was also crap with low volume music. So if I ever listen to music I use the Packtalk radio. Think the kit fitted to the Schuberth helmets is older tech.  Although one of my mates has a new setup and reports no issues. But as your an expert on BT as well, you are obviously speaking from experience, so I will bow to your knowledge.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I'm definitely not an expert on BT but I know crap when I come across it. As you pointed out that sharing music with your pillion is not good quality and you paid for that facility it must be crap.  And yes Starcom cables are cheap and nasty compared to Autocom. 
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: I'm definitely not an expert on BT but I know crap when I come across it. As you pointed out that sharing music with your pillion is not good quality and you paid for that facility it must be crap.  And yes Starcom cables are cheap and nasty compared to Autocom.

See your making assumptions there, sharing music with my passenger using my phone or another music source is absolutely fine, its just crap when connected to the BMW radio and sharing, as I can only connect with my helmet. Also my passenger can listen to their own radio if they want so they can have their own stations.

Do you train to be obnoxious or does it come naturally.

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Look at the original question

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Casbar wrote:
Cardo and Scala are the same product, Cardo the company Scala the BT range. Think you mean switch to Sena. And funny that you find the Scala kit junk, yet i have been using it for years and have many mates who have the Schuberth system and have no issues. Sticking to wires is probably a good idea along with paper maps.  8)

You're right - I meant Sena.  Doesn't stop the Schuberth SRC system being junk though.  You need the delicate touch of an eye surgeon to avoid damaging the connections if you ever try to connect anything other than the charger via cable.  And even if you don't trash the connections, the sound quality compared to the BMW BT unit is terrible.

Paggers

Post by Paggers »

I have ridden with a Schuberth C3 for the past two years and found it to be a reasonable helmet, although not as good as I was expecting. Recently I wanted to get a new helmet and move to Bluetooth (I previously used a wired connection into the C3 for a Starcom system). I looked at the new C3 Pro with the SRC-System but found multiple reports on the web of a ribbon connector failing just outside of warranty.

In the end I have gone with a Shoei Neotec with a Scala Q3 mounted on it and I have been pleasantly surprised with both the helmet (compared to the Schuberth) and with the Bluetooth (compared with the Starcom).

A deciding factor was also the fact that I can move the Q3 to another helmet if I ever need to whereas the SRC is specific to the Schuberth helmet.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X