Help for Fenix bullets fog lights and camera installation

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
Letsride

Help for Fenix bullets fog lights and camera installation

Post by Letsride »

Hello

New to bmw R1200rt, I would like to install some new Fenix Bullit fog lights on my 2016 rt, not familiar
With Bmw electricals. anybody have a video or pictures of an installation looking at the 12 v, the batterie
Is hard to get to.

I also have a Jvc camera that Inwould like to use to film my rides, any installation suggestions

Thank you again
Claude G.
guest3074

Re: Help for Fenix bullets fog lights and camera installation

Post by guest3074 »

You don't need to remove the battery to gain access to the positive terminal, just to the right of the battery is a small round plastic cover over a terminal, this is the main positive lead from the battery so pull off the plastic cover and you can undo the terminal to connect your lead  :)
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Benchmark wrote: You don't need to remove the battery to gain access to the positive terminal, just to the right of the battery is a small round plastic cover over a terminal, this is the main positive lead from the battery so pull off the plastic cover and you can undo the terminal to connect your lead  :)
Wish I'd known that when I was putting the lead on for my heated gear
Rossyuk39
Bike Model and Year: RT 2015
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by Rossyuk39 »

If you are installing many electrical "farkles", you could consider using a fusebox or distribution box (http://www.sportouring.co.uk/product-ca ... tions/sps/) and using a trigger to energise it when the ignotion is switched on. I have used one fro my Autocom, Ride+ camera, driving lamps and heated gear wiring looms.

Hope this helps.......
Keep on the grey bits .....Rossy