Tyre pressures

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Potential new owner..
Been liked: 1 time

Tyre pressures

Post by Potential new owner.. »

Am I right in thinking you can have Tyre pressures displayed on the Sat Nav? I don't see how to do it.
guest2360

Re: Tyre pressures

Post by guest2360 »

Not a chance. Just on your dash
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Potential new owner.. wrote: Am I right in thinking you can have Tyre pressures displayed on the Sat Nav? I don't see how to do it.
Yes you can, but not with BMW TPMS on the BMW Nav satnav unit. Have a look at this link for an aftermarket TPMS for use in conjunction with some garmin sat nav units. I can't speak from personal experience but I've heard from colleagues who've used them with success.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/shop-by-accesories/sensors/tire-pressure-monitor-sensor/prod131744.html
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Potential new owner.. wrote: Am I right in thinking you can have Tyre pressures displayed on the Sat Nav? I don't see how to do it.

Let me try to explain another way..........

The RT models and GS/GSA models have completely different instrument displays, with the RT being more comprehensive.

So whereas the RT will display tyre pressures on the dashboard (LE models?), the GS's have to make do with the SatNav display.

Hope this helps....

John Bentall
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Not true.  The GS shows the pressure on the dash.  Just like the RT you have to stroll through the Menu to display it but it's there.  No need to have a GPS attached.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaistlinRTCW

Post by RaistlinRTCW »

Though I did find that even if I select tyre pressure if it is cold enough it auto switches to temp as well as giving you the little snow flake warning symbol in your dash
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Think it would do that no matter what you had displayed.  Nothing to do with the pressure display.
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 40 times
Great Britain

Post by exportman »

Hi

Yes the warnings take precedence.  Too Cold you get the snow flake,  low fuel you get  miles to empty.  Tyre pressure low and you get a triangle and the pressures displayed.

I know as I got a puncture within a week of getting the bike.  :nervous:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Good system ah.